Tired Of Seeing Prejudice Against Plus-Sized Women This Artist Turned Them Into Art
We’ve had all the possible versions of the ‘ideal’ body throughout history, and it’s about time that we agree – beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and the most attractive is the art of being comfortable and confident in your own skin. Nevertheless, mainstream media keeps placing images of the perfect body in our brains and the pressure to conform is real.
Brazilian artist Eduardo Santos, known as Edull on social media, enjoys juicy curves and wants the whole world to know it. Using his incredible talent he turns his everyday plus-size muses into cute animated characters. By doing what he loves he doesn‘t only empower tons of chubby girls out there to appreciate their bodies, but helps spread the body positivity message and fight prejudice shaped by today’s society.
“I’ve always liked chubby girls and also suffered from the prejudice they felt. I ended up discovering art as a way to show the world that a fat woman is a normal woman, just as beautiful as all the others,” the artist told Bored Panda.
Putting chubby women in the spotlight through his drawings and illustrations, Eduardo has created his imaginary plus size world where everyone is welcomed. He has been accepting commissions from women around the world and has grown a big collection of artworks that praise the curvy silhouette and celebrates the beauty of women
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- These Men’s Underwear Create A New Level In Bad Taste!
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- “Youth Gone Wild”: Stunning Photos Of The Russian Underground Dance Culture
- Artist Imagines The Secret Life Of Wild Animals When No One‘s Watching
- Photographer Visits Famous Movie Scene Locations In Real Life
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- Accidents Waiting To Happen Thanks To These Architects And Designers
- Russian Artist Turns Famous Venus By Botticelli Into A Japanese Doll