Tired Of Seeing Prejudice Against Plus-Sized Women This Artist Turned Them Into Art
We’ve had all the possible versions of the ‘ideal’ body throughout history, and it’s about time that we agree – beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and the most attractive is the art of being comfortable and confident in your own skin. Nevertheless, mainstream media keeps placing images of the perfect body in our brains and the pressure to conform is real.
Brazilian artist Eduardo Santos, known as Edull on social media, enjoys juicy curves and wants the whole world to know it. Using his incredible talent he turns his everyday plus-size muses into cute animated characters. By doing what he loves he doesn‘t only empower tons of chubby girls out there to appreciate their bodies, but helps spread the body positivity message and fight prejudice shaped by today’s society.
“I’ve always liked chubby girls and also suffered from the prejudice they felt. I ended up discovering art as a way to show the world that a fat woman is a normal woman, just as beautiful as all the others,” the artist told Bored Panda.
Putting chubby women in the spotlight through his drawings and illustrations, Eduardo has created his imaginary plus size world where everyone is welcomed. He has been accepting commissions from women around the world and has grown a big collection of artworks that praise the curvy silhouette and celebrates the beauty of women
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- Riikka Hyvönen Captures The Beauty Of Bruises In Giant Artworks
- Emotional Celebrity Portraits By Marc Hom
- “Star Wars” Characters Brilliantly Reimagined As “Calvin And Hobbes”
- Ecuadorian Police Save Tiny Terrified Sloth in Most Adorable Highway Rescue Ever
- Digital Artist Remixes Famous Faces To Create Seamless Celebrity Hybrids
- 68 Nostalgic Images Of The Greatest Pop Culture Legends In History Shared By Morrison Hotel Gallery
- A Day At Mission Beach, California, August 1970
- Artist Visualizes Freddie Mercury As The Protagonist Of Vintage Comic Book Covers
- “Out Of This World”: Photographer Egor Rogalev Visits The Museum Of Soviet Space Travel