Tired Of Seeing Prejudice Against Plus-Sized Women This Artist Turned Them Into Art
We’ve had all the possible versions of the ‘ideal’ body throughout history, and it’s about time that we agree – beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and the most attractive is the art of being comfortable and confident in your own skin. Nevertheless, mainstream media keeps placing images of the perfect body in our brains and the pressure to conform is real.
Brazilian artist Eduardo Santos, known as Edull on social media, enjoys juicy curves and wants the whole world to know it. Using his incredible talent he turns his everyday plus-size muses into cute animated characters. By doing what he loves he doesn‘t only empower tons of chubby girls out there to appreciate their bodies, but helps spread the body positivity message and fight prejudice shaped by today’s society.
“I’ve always liked chubby girls and also suffered from the prejudice they felt. I ended up discovering art as a way to show the world that a fat woman is a normal woman, just as beautiful as all the others,” the artist told Bored Panda.
Putting chubby women in the spotlight through his drawings and illustrations, Eduardo has created his imaginary plus size world where everyone is welcomed. He has been accepting commissions from women around the world and has grown a big collection of artworks that praise the curvy silhouette and celebrates the beauty of women
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- Disney Princesses Reimagined Years Later As Queens By Daughters And Mothers
- This Family Shares Strange Results Of Hilarious Photo Shoot
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- “The Book Of Bunny Suicides”: Hilariously Dark Cartoon Series By Andy Riley
- Malls In Thailand Replace Lift Buttons With Foot Pedals To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Artist Illustrates Everyday Life To Compare Chinese And Western Culture
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey