Tired Of Seeing Prejudice Against Plus-Sized Women This Artist Turned Them Into Art
We’ve had all the possible versions of the ‘ideal’ body throughout history, and it’s about time that we agree – beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and the most attractive is the art of being comfortable and confident in your own skin. Nevertheless, mainstream media keeps placing images of the perfect body in our brains and the pressure to conform is real.
Brazilian artist Eduardo Santos, known as Edull on social media, enjoys juicy curves and wants the whole world to know it. Using his incredible talent he turns his everyday plus-size muses into cute animated characters. By doing what he loves he doesn‘t only empower tons of chubby girls out there to appreciate their bodies, but helps spread the body positivity message and fight prejudice shaped by today’s society.
“I’ve always liked chubby girls and also suffered from the prejudice they felt. I ended up discovering art as a way to show the world that a fat woman is a normal woman, just as beautiful as all the others,” the artist told Bored Panda.
Putting chubby women in the spotlight through his drawings and illustrations, Eduardo has created his imaginary plus size world where everyone is welcomed. He has been accepting commissions from women around the world and has grown a big collection of artworks that praise the curvy silhouette and celebrates the beauty of women
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- Nothing More Inspiring than Disney Princesses as Hotdogs
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Adorable Lizard Uses Blossoming Rose as a Comfy Bed
- Artist Reimagines 5 Disney Fathers As Real Dads, And They’re Hella Handsome
- Italy-based Artist Cristina Guggeri Shows World Leaders Pooping In New Series Of Images Called “The Daily Duty”
- Guy Finds Abandoned Graveyard Of Supercars In UAE
- 20 Winners Of The Greatest Photoshop Battles Ever
- Amazing Pictures Taken at Exactly the Right Moment
- Beautiful Goldie Hawn’s “Laugh-In” Bikini Photoshoot