Monochrome Bodypainting Project “Exoskeleton”: Brilliantly Textured Body Paintings Turn The Human Form Into A Walking Work Of Art
Artist Yusk Imai has a long-held fascination with human anatomy, and he displays this reverence for the body in an unconventional painting project called Exoskeleton. The skin is his canvas as hands, arms, legs, and shoulders are covered in intricate textures that mimic reptile scales, brushed metal, and feathers. Imai’s meticulous handling and solid black painting is reminiscent of the blackout-style tattoo trend we’ve recently admired. Unlike those tattoos, however, his work is created with acrylic ink and water-based markers, making its existence fleeting.
“It is very difficult for me to create a new identity if I can’t change the structure. Unlike my paintings, I cannot twist, create, invent, do whatever I like with the body. I still want to give it a new identity, to build something bigger. I have this idea of growing this project into something more produced – build a scenario, dress the volunteers the way I want to, take pictures with a special lighting and all that.”, says artis to HiFructose.
“An exoskeleton is the external skeleton that supports and protects animal’s body, it’s a second skin. It protects animals such as cicadas, lobsters, armadillos and other insects. My idea is to create a second skin for a human body, a protection, another layer for the body.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Dad And Daughter Recreates Iconic Scenes From 73 Famous Movies And TV Series