Man Quits Job, Sells Everything To Travel With His Rescue Cat Across Australia
Having spent 10 years in the corporate world, one day Richard East just had it. The man quit his job, sold his house and most of his possessions. He bought a VW van and hit the road with his rescue cat Willow in Australia.
“I wasn’t happy at work,” Richard told Mashable Australia. “I didn’t want to go overseas for six months, and then return to a similar job, with the same situation. That’s why the van came in, so I could make a change for the longer term.”
Willow follows Richard everywhere he goes.
“Our bond is no greater than any other human/cat but we are in a situation where we are reminded of that bond everyday,” Richard told Lovemeow. “We have been very fortunate to have made it through the past year with no more troubles than two flat tyres, 3 stitches on my head, and a sore paw.”
“The little black adventure cat… really took a chance when she rescued me. The little cat who has made my van into a home and the whole of Australia her backyard.”
Ty, big step brother to Willow, we miss you every day. "Dec 22nd 2012 – Our treasured Ty, lovely Ty. Fluffier than initially anticipated. Sometimes majestic, sometimes solemn, usually silly. No match for fast traffic. Let us hope you catch that red dot and get to drink out of the bath whenever you damn well feel like it."
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- What Your Sleeping Positions Say About Your Relationships
- Kids Make The Best Protest Signs
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- This Woman Makes Offensive Teacups To Insult Your Guests With Class
- Swedish Artist Simon Stålenhag Creates A Series Of Art Works For The New H&M Advertising Campaign
- Serbian Photographer Brings Slavic Goddesses Vesna And Lada Back From Ancient History To Life
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- This Artist’s Disney Paintings Look Better Than Disney Movies Themselves
- “The Empire Against The Crisis”: Darth Vader Forced To Do Odd Jobs
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Costume Contestants Posing At The 24th World Science Fiction Convention In Cleveland, 1966