Man Quits Job, Sells Everything To Travel With His Rescue Cat Across Australia
Having spent 10 years in the corporate world, one day Richard East just had it. The man quit his job, sold his house and most of his possessions. He bought a VW van and hit the road with his rescue cat Willow in Australia.
“I wasn’t happy at work,” Richard told Mashable Australia. “I didn’t want to go overseas for six months, and then return to a similar job, with the same situation. That’s why the van came in, so I could make a change for the longer term.”
Willow follows Richard everywhere he goes.
“Our bond is no greater than any other human/cat but we are in a situation where we are reminded of that bond everyday,” Richard told Lovemeow. “We have been very fortunate to have made it through the past year with no more troubles than two flat tyres, 3 stitches on my head, and a sore paw.”
“The little black adventure cat… really took a chance when she rescued me. The little cat who has made my van into a home and the whole of Australia her backyard.”
Ty, big step brother to Willow, we miss you every day. "Dec 22nd 2012 – Our treasured Ty, lovely Ty. Fluffier than initially anticipated. Sometimes majestic, sometimes solemn, usually silly. No match for fast traffic. Let us hope you catch that red dot and get to drink out of the bath whenever you damn well feel like it."
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- The Paul Milinski Retro Futuristic Dreamscapes Are Serenity Manifest