Man Quits Job, Sells Everything To Travel With His Rescue Cat Across Australia
Having spent 10 years in the corporate world, one day Richard East just had it. The man quit his job, sold his house and most of his possessions. He bought a VW van and hit the road with his rescue cat Willow in Australia.
“I wasn’t happy at work,” Richard told Mashable Australia. “I didn’t want to go overseas for six months, and then return to a similar job, with the same situation. That’s why the van came in, so I could make a change for the longer term.”
Willow follows Richard everywhere he goes.
“Our bond is no greater than any other human/cat but we are in a situation where we are reminded of that bond everyday,” Richard told Lovemeow. “We have been very fortunate to have made it through the past year with no more troubles than two flat tyres, 3 stitches on my head, and a sore paw.”
“The little black adventure cat… really took a chance when she rescued me. The little cat who has made my van into a home and the whole of Australia her backyard.”
Ty, big step brother to Willow, we miss you every day. "Dec 22nd 2012 – Our treasured Ty, lovely Ty. Fluffier than initially anticipated. Sometimes majestic, sometimes solemn, usually silly. No match for fast traffic. Let us hope you catch that red dot and get to drink out of the bath whenever you damn well feel like it."
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Adorable German Shorthair Assumes Many Different Looks And Poses In Whimsical Photo Series
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Mind-Blowing Before And After Pictures Of Makeup Makeovers
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- Terrible Rough Drafts from Your Favorite Movies
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species