Why Did A Brazilian Millionaire Winch A Formula 1 Car Up The Side Of An Apartment Block?
Yep, you read that right! An anonymous Brazilian is a huge Ayrton Senna fan, and he managed to get hold of Senna’s 1985 Lotus 97T Formula 1 car. But where do you keep such a car if you live in an apartment? Er… in your apartment obviously!
Why the ceiling? Well apart from the obvious space issue we can only presume it’s a homage to the Lotus Team’s ‘ground effect’ cars. Lotus were among the most technologically advanced cars of their time, and team boss Colin Chapman understood the dark art of aerodynamics more than anyone else. He created the ground effect cars which created so much downforce that at anything over 160mph they could theoretically drive upside down in a tunnel without falling off!
It allowed such high cornering speeds that it became dangerous, and after a number of high-profile incidents the technology was banned from in the mid 80s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Digital Artist Creates Thought-Provoking Illustrations That May Make You Look At Things Differently
- Amazing Vintage Photographs of Harold Lloyd’s Magnificent (Year-Round!) Christmas Tree
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Photographer Visited Remoted Chinese Provinces And Took Aerial Pictures Of The Most Picturesque Landscapes
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- Uncanny Eye Illustrations from Georg Bartisch’s Ophthalmodouleia, 1583
- Animal Portraits in The Style of Old Masters by Tein Lucasson
- Vintage Postcards of Mid-Century Romantic Couples