Why Did A Brazilian Millionaire Winch A Formula 1 Car Up The Side Of An Apartment Block?
Yep, you read that right! An anonymous Brazilian is a huge Ayrton Senna fan, and he managed to get hold of Senna’s 1985 Lotus 97T Formula 1 car. But where do you keep such a car if you live in an apartment? Er… in your apartment obviously!
Why the ceiling? Well apart from the obvious space issue we can only presume it’s a homage to the Lotus Team’s ‘ground effect’ cars. Lotus were among the most technologically advanced cars of their time, and team boss Colin Chapman understood the dark art of aerodynamics more than anyone else. He created the ground effect cars which created so much downforce that at anything over 160mph they could theoretically drive upside down in a tunnel without falling off!
It allowed such high cornering speeds that it became dangerous, and after a number of high-profile incidents the technology was banned from in the mid 80s.
Want more stories? Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- World’s Largest Plane Fires Up Its Six Engines For The First Time
- “The Uncomfortable”: Designer Create A Series Of Inconvenient Household Items
- Meet Suki, The Adventure Wondercat Who Became An Instagram Star
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Someone Optimized Famous Logos To Use Less Ink And Be More Environmentally Friendly
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- “Wilhelm Brasse’ Mugshots”: Photographer Took Up To 50,000 Chilling Photos In Auschwitz For The Nazis During World War II
- Beautiful ‘Then And Now’ Pictures Of Women From London’s ’80s Subcultures
- Stunning Photographs Reveal The Realities Of New Brighton, A Working Class Seaside Resort In Northern England, During The 1980s
- Photographer Zachariah Epperson Captures The Magical World Of Ballet And Dancers
- Marvelous Female Portraits By Jenna Kay
- Artist Creates Realistic Life-Sized Female Sculptures Inspired By The Graceful Beauty Of Renaissance Art
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Gorgeous Fine Art Portrait Photography By Melania Brescia
- These Tarantulas’ Spide Paws Are So Cute, They Will Make You Squeal
- Strategically Covered Nudity In Vintage Movie Posters, Book And Magazine Covers
- Breathtaking Aerial Ocean Photographs By Seth Willingham
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Artist Tom Galle Makes Weapons Out Of Corporate Logos
- This Cozy Coffee Shop Was Inserted In An Apartment Block In Overpopulated Chinese City
- 12-Year-Old Boy Creates Creepy Sculptures Using Found Materials, And They’re Surprisingly Awesome
- Illustrator Fernanda Suarez Shows How Disney Princesses Would Look Like If They Lived In 2017
- Fantastic Old Photos Of Yugoslavia From The 1920s, When People Were Nicer
- The Prosecco Van Is The Food Truck For The Happy City
- This Artist Creates One Glorious Poster For Each Part Of The New Twin Peaks Every Week