Why Did A Brazilian Millionaire Winch A Formula 1 Car Up The Side Of An Apartment Block?
Yep, you read that right! An anonymous Brazilian is a huge Ayrton Senna fan, and he managed to get hold of Senna’s 1985 Lotus 97T Formula 1 car. But where do you keep such a car if you live in an apartment? Er… in your apartment obviously!
Why the ceiling? Well apart from the obvious space issue we can only presume it’s a homage to the Lotus Team’s ‘ground effect’ cars. Lotus were among the most technologically advanced cars of their time, and team boss Colin Chapman understood the dark art of aerodynamics more than anyone else. He created the ground effect cars which created so much downforce that at anything over 160mph they could theoretically drive upside down in a tunnel without falling off!
It allowed such high cornering speeds that it became dangerous, and after a number of high-profile incidents the technology was banned from in the mid 80s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s
- Very Sharply Defined Rare White Curtain Auroras Seen Over Finland
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- The 3D Artist Inward Brings To Light Sublime Cyberpunk Worlds
- The Cars That Money Can’t Buy: 1953-1955 Alfa Romeo B.A.T. Concepts
- Photographer Captures The Unique And Amazing People Of The New York Subway
- “Selfish Pigs” Cartoons Show Annoying Things People Do
- The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
- 31 Stunning Black And White Photos Of Europe In The Fifties Through A Soldier‘s Lens
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known