Chinese City Opens Awesome Five-Star Public Toilet
People generally avoid going into public toilets, unless they absolutely have to. Most of them are dirty, uninviting places, but that’s definitely not the case with this recently opened five-star public restroom in Chongqing, China.
Public toilets are hardly-ever news-worthy topics, but after seeing photos of this new five-star facility in the Bishan district of Chongqing, I decided it was too cool not to share. The 150-square-meter restroom not only features an elegant interior design and quality materials like marble floors, granite imitation walls, lacquered wood doors and urinal separators, and even chandeliers, but also a central heating system and 24-hour air-conditioning that keep the place at a constant 26 degrees Celsius all year round.
The most impressive feature of this classy public toilet is the glass wall that allows urinal users to admire the green park outside while they do their business. The glass is only transparent from the inside, acting as a mirror from the outside. Apart from providing a lovely view, this solution also increases natural lighting inside the toilet during the day, allowing authorities to save money on electricity.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Schlörwagen: The Bizarre German Car from 1939 that Was Super-Aerodynamic but Very Impractical
- How To Look Smart In Zoom Meetings, an Illustrated Guide by Sarah Cooper
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- ‘Dental Plumper’ Jaw Prosthetic Worn by Marlon Brando in The Godfather, 1972
- Artist Criticizes Our Society By Showing Two Different Sides Of The Same Story
- Artist Places People From Classical Paintings Into Modern Reality And They Fit Just Right
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Indian Paper Artist Creates Mindblowing Papercuts