This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
When you go to Rob Ferrel for a haircut, you know you’re in for something really special. The professional hair artist can sculpt logos, designs, patterns and even celebrity faces on a head of hair. He runs his own salon called Rob the Original Barbershop, in San Antonio, where he works his magic every single day.
More info: Instagram
At first glance, some of Ferrel’s customers look like they’ve got stuff painted on the back of their heads. But take a closer look and you’ll realize that it’s all hair. Super-talented Ferrel discovered his special gift only eight years ago, when a kid walked into the barbershop he worked at and asked for a small little swirl.
“From there I started doing stars and more complex designs, team logos” he said. “And then I wanted to do something different and stand out, so I did portraits. Now if they bring me any image, I can replicate it in their hair”.
Back in 2006, Ferrel’s clients had to bring him images of the portraits they wanted, but now, with the help of modern technology, he can just look up the image on his phone and sculpt it freehand, using regular tools like trimmers and clippers.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Amusing Illustrations That Share Insights About Everyday Life And Psychology
- Amazing Photos From One Eyeland Mobile Photographers 2020 Awards
- Stunning Finalists Of The 2021 World Report Award
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- “Phantasmagoric Ecstasy”: The Superb Collage Artworks of Michelle Concetta
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980