Filipino Man Turns Old Flip Flops Into Action Figures, And The Result Is Quite Impressive
Flip flops are pure summer fun, but they’re also a major water pollutant, and the Philippines are notorious for discarding vast amounts of them into the ocean. One Filipino street vendor is combating the problem and supporting his family at the same time by turning the dozens of worn-out flip flops he finds into wickedly cool action figures, and now everyone on the Internet wants to buy them.
Elmer Padilla, father to 2 daughters, lives in Manila but works as a construction worker in the village of Imus, where he has also set up shop with his impressive foam creations. When a friend of Padilla’s, Adrian Bernabe, shared photos of his work on a Facebook group dedicated to Filipino art, he went viral with almost 3 thousand shares. Eventually, the photos reached Reddit, where they received a further 85 thousand upvotes.
Social media users around the world are now begging to know where and how they can buy these fabulous figurines, but Padilla has yet to weigh in on his newfound fame.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- The Spectacular Winning Photos Of The 2018 Birth Becomes Her Photography Contest
- Deaf People Show How To Swear In Sign Language, And It’s Shamefully Entertaining
- Sports Illustrated Hails Female Empowerment In NSFW Unedited Photo Shoot
- Forgotten Housing Estates In Paris Captured By Laurent Kronental
- “The Faces Of Fear”: The Superb Dark Concept Art By Anthony Jones
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- “From Russia With Love”: NSFW & Beauty Female Photography By Tatiana Mertsalova
- Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s
- Artist Gustavo Viselner Makes Pixel Art Game Scenes Based On Popular TV Series And Movies
- HIlarious Photos Of Ice Skaters’ Funny Faces At Winter Olympics
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- The Blinged-Out Work Trucks Of Japan Photographed By Todd Antony
- Here’s What Marijuana Looks Like Under The Microscope
- “Under The Electric Sky”: Beautiful Portrait Photography In Neon Lights By Tom Dewh
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner