Filipino Man Turns Old Flip Flops Into Action Figures, And The Result Is Quite Impressive
Flip flops are pure summer fun, but they’re also a major water pollutant, and the Philippines are notorious for discarding vast amounts of them into the ocean. One Filipino street vendor is combating the problem and supporting his family at the same time by turning the dozens of worn-out flip flops he finds into wickedly cool action figures, and now everyone on the Internet wants to buy them.
Elmer Padilla, father to 2 daughters, lives in Manila but works as a construction worker in the village of Imus, where he has also set up shop with his impressive foam creations. When a friend of Padilla’s, Adrian Bernabe, shared photos of his work on a Facebook group dedicated to Filipino art, he went viral with almost 3 thousand shares. Eventually, the photos reached Reddit, where they received a further 85 thousand upvotes.
Social media users around the world are now begging to know where and how they can buy these fabulous figurines, but Padilla has yet to weigh in on his newfound fame.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- When Your Cat Meows, And You Meow Back…
- Really Triggering Floor Designs That Will Annoy The Perfectionist In You
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office
- How-To Survive A Deadly Global Virus: Visual Guide Wth A Style & Twist
- Bizarre Vintage Photos Of Steam Engines After A Boiler Explosion From The Late 19th And Early 20th Centuries
- The Isolator: This Insane Anti-Distraction Helmet From 1925 Would Fit Into Any Modern Open Office
- Adorable Moment Baby Bear Cubs Grasp Paws and Dance Joyfully in a Circle
- The Last Day For Tomorrow Future: Absolutely Amazing Digital Artworks Of Bryn Jones
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers