Filipino Man Turns Old Flip Flops Into Action Figures, And The Result Is Quite Impressive
Flip flops are pure summer fun, but they’re also a major water pollutant, and the Philippines are notorious for discarding vast amounts of them into the ocean. One Filipino street vendor is combating the problem and supporting his family at the same time by turning the dozens of worn-out flip flops he finds into wickedly cool action figures, and now everyone on the Internet wants to buy them.
Elmer Padilla, father to 2 daughters, lives in Manila but works as a construction worker in the village of Imus, where he has also set up shop with his impressive foam creations. When a friend of Padilla’s, Adrian Bernabe, shared photos of his work on a Facebook group dedicated to Filipino art, he went viral with almost 3 thousand shares. Eventually, the photos reached Reddit, where they received a further 85 thousand upvotes.
Social media users around the world are now begging to know where and how they can buy these fabulous figurines, but Padilla has yet to weigh in on his newfound fame.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- Taiwanese Artist Lives Large Dreams In Miniature Models
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Alex Prager’s Hyperreal America In Photographs
- This Extraordinary Close-Up Photos Turns Mundane Insects Into Terrifying Beasts From Another World
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- Majestic Photos Of Mount Fuji At Dawn That Will Inspire Your Week
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Volcano Eruption In Guatemala Leaves Behind Ghost Town
- Creepy And Dark Photography Of Nona Limmen, Covered With Goth, Fantasy And Metamorphosis
- Colorful and Dreamlike Self-Portraits By Yolanda García