Filipino Man Turns Old Flip Flops Into Action Figures, And The Result Is Quite Impressive
Flip flops are pure summer fun, but they’re also a major water pollutant, and the Philippines are notorious for discarding vast amounts of them into the ocean. One Filipino street vendor is combating the problem and supporting his family at the same time by turning the dozens of worn-out flip flops he finds into wickedly cool action figures, and now everyone on the Internet wants to buy them.
Elmer Padilla, father to 2 daughters, lives in Manila but works as a construction worker in the village of Imus, where he has also set up shop with his impressive foam creations. When a friend of Padilla’s, Adrian Bernabe, shared photos of his work on a Facebook group dedicated to Filipino art, he went viral with almost 3 thousand shares. Eventually, the photos reached Reddit, where they received a further 85 thousand upvotes.
Social media users around the world are now begging to know where and how they can buy these fabulous figurines, but Padilla has yet to weigh in on his newfound fame.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Vintage, Rare, Candid, Funny, Beautiful, Weird And Awesome Celebrity Photos
- These Beautiful 16th Century Watercolors Illustrate the History of Comets And Meteors
- Olympus Mons – The Largest Volcano in The Solar System
- “Pathologic”: Imaginative, Bizarre and Otherworldy Paintings of Peter Ferguson
- These Are the World’s Oldest Masks Ever Discovered, And Are Estimated to Be 9000 Years Old
- Meet Amina Ependieva – A Chechen Girl Who Is Admired For Her Unusual Beauty
- A McDonald’s in New Zealand Lets Diners Eat Inside a Decommissioned Airplane
- A Private Collection Of 19th Century Photographs Of Black Victorians
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers