This Brexit Mug By Lee Cartledge Is Completely Useless
The UK has officially left the European Union after 47 years of membership – and more than three years after it voted to do so in a referendum. The historic moment was marked by both celebrations and anti-Brexit protests.
North Yorkshire potter Lee Cartledge has designed a commemorative Brexit mug that cannot be used and therefore “sums up the whole Brexit negotiations”.
Cartledge, a potter at Bentham Pottery, designed the mug, which has the word Brexit cutting completely through its side, as a humorous response to Brexit.
“I’m not a political person really, but it is a political statement I guess,” said Cartledge to Dezeen. “It was more the humour than the political statement. It appealed to my sense of humour.”
“It was done as a joke, I had no idea it would attract this sort of attention,” said Cartledge.
He plans to make a limited edition of 60 mugs to sell commercially. “I don’t particularly want to spend the next few months making a load of Brexit mugs. I can just about stomach 60,” he said.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- These Handmade 3D Cookie Frostings Will Blow Your Mind
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- Stunning Images Of The National Geographic Traveller Photography Contest 2021
- Spectacular Wining Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways