This Brexit Mug By Lee Cartledge Is Completely Useless
The UK has officially left the European Union after 47 years of membership – and more than three years after it voted to do so in a referendum. The historic moment was marked by both celebrations and anti-Brexit protests.
North Yorkshire potter Lee Cartledge has designed a commemorative Brexit mug that cannot be used and therefore “sums up the whole Brexit negotiations”.
Cartledge, a potter at Bentham Pottery, designed the mug, which has the word Brexit cutting completely through its side, as a humorous response to Brexit.
“I’m not a political person really, but it is a political statement I guess,” said Cartledge to Dezeen. “It was more the humour than the political statement. It appealed to my sense of humour.”
“It was done as a joke, I had no idea it would attract this sort of attention,” said Cartledge.
He plans to make a limited edition of 60 mugs to sell commercially. “I don’t particularly want to spend the next few months making a load of Brexit mugs. I can just about stomach 60,” he said.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Japanese Artist Turns Awkward Animal Photos Into Beautiful Sculptures
- Walmart Keeps Posting Pictures of This Employee Posing With Stuff, She Goes Viral
- Inside A 1947 Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, The Largest And Fastest Aircraft In Commercial Service
- Stunning Photos From The Bosch Parade, The Sailing Parade In The Spirit Of Jheronimus Bosch