This Rug Is Designed To Create An Optical Illusion That Looks Like There’s A Hole In The Floor
Scottish designer Scott Jarvie, has created the Void Rug, a 100% merino wool floor rug that when placed on the floor and viewed from a certain angle, it gives an illusion of depth.
Scott explains, “The design was inspired by the notion that the design of a 2 dimensional rug could be informed by a 3 dimensional approach, where there was more thought embedded in the design than simply the surface pattern. The illusion of depth is achieved by careful consideration of perspective, light and texture.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of Young Women in the Late 1980s and Early ’90s
- The Finalists of The 2020 Comedy Pet Photography Awards Have Been Announced, and They’re Pretty Damn Funny!
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- Stunning Aerial Photos Shows Luxury Cruise Ships Being Broken Up At a Dock in Turkey
- Indian Photographer Recreates Realistic Miniature Brands on His Desktop
- This Instagram Account Points Out How Much Celebrity Faces Have Changed Over The Years
- Stuck In The Real World: Characters From Cartoons And Movies Placed In Real Photos
- This Is How Our Beautiful Planet Earth Looks from Above These Days of Global Pandemic