Javier Mayoral’s Oddly Seductive Cartoons
It’s difficult to do more than open a website today before you’re faced with a semi-hilarious internet meme, but Javier Mayoral’s small surrealist paintings are easily the best of them all. The artist, who has received no formal training, paints in his spare time when he’s not working as a chef – a fact that makes the sheer quantity of work that he has produced astounding. Over the last three years he has made around 4,600 of these pieces, usually painting at least five a day, which he then sells on eBay.
The absurd images range from scantilly clad women bending over next to captions about Hollandaise sauce recipes to men playing Batman with cats on their heads, and often feature the German singer Heino or Conservative politician Helmut Kohl, though nobody really knows why. Still, when a portfolio is as full of work as this one is the ins and outs cease to be important; so long as Javier continues to paint his absurd, hilarious masterpieces, we will continue to enjoy them.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- This AI Turns Your Headshot Into A Renaissance Masterpeace
- Brutally Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens
- Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
- Loving Dad Builds Custom “Star Wars” Rocking Horse for Daughter’s 1st Birthday
- Polish Artist Designs Shoсking Ads Of Major Companies That Show The Harsh Reality
- 40 Times People Thought Their T-Shirts Were Cool But Looked Completely Cringeworthy
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art