Javier Mayoral’s Oddly Seductive Cartoons
It’s difficult to do more than open a website today before you’re faced with a semi-hilarious internet meme, but Javier Mayoral’s small surrealist paintings are easily the best of them all. The artist, who has received no formal training, paints in his spare time when he’s not working as a chef – a fact that makes the sheer quantity of work that he has produced astounding. Over the last three years he has made around 4,600 of these pieces, usually painting at least five a day, which he then sells on eBay.
The absurd images range from scantilly clad women bending over next to captions about Hollandaise sauce recipes to men playing Batman with cats on their heads, and often feature the German singer Heino or Conservative politician Helmut Kohl, though nobody really knows why. Still, when a portfolio is as full of work as this one is the ins and outs cease to be important; so long as Javier continues to paint his absurd, hilarious masterpieces, we will continue to enjoy them.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Sad and Happy Moments on the Photos of Boris Register
- Vintage Photos of Ugly Restaurants in the USA From the Mid-20th Century
- A Photographer Took Glorious Colour Photographs Of London In Early 1970s
- This Artist Crerates Provocative and Bizarre Photo Manipulations
- This Artist Draws 100 Grumpy Animals
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- 50 Times Adults Decided To Have Some Fun In These Museums And Art Galleries
- This Guy Makes 3D Printed Helmets For His Cat