11 Disney Warrior Princesses Turned Badass By Russian Artist Artemii Myasnikov
Ariel Riding Sebastian Into Battle
Many people see Disney princesses as the epitome of beauty and grace. But one Russian artist, named Artemii Myasnikov, decided to look at them from a different angle – he gave 11 Disney princesses extreme makeovers and turned them into badass warriors.
The artist told Bored Panda his inspiration came when he was watching “Disenchantment” with his wife one night. They started discussing what they liked and disliked about the main character and both liked that she was no damsel in distress, unlike most Disney princesses. “I immediately wanted to draw a Snow White (because to me she’s the most damsel-in-distress-y princess ever) that would be armed, dangerous, and in charge of her own fate. That’s how the sequence started,” said Artemii.
When not drawing warrior princesses, Artemii works as an art director in a games studio. He regularly uploads his art to Instagram and says his favorite themes are girls, strange creatures, and techno stuff.
“Growing up, I was into Gen 13, all of the Mike Mignola stuff, DC and Marvel comic series (As a child, I was a die-hard fan of X-men series), Mulan, The Transformers, Exosquad, The Animatrics…” says the artist.
Check out the badass princesses in the gallery below!
Mulan And Mushu Looking Ready To Stir-Fry You
Pocahontas And A Rabid Meeko
Belle And An Absolute Beast
Rapunzel Ready To Cut More Than Just Hair
Jasmine Flying In On Carpet
The Last But Definitely Not The Least Goes Merida
Cinderella Ain’t Got Time For Glass Slippers!
Snow White And The Seven Angry Dwarves
And Tiana Doing… Magic?
Aurora Shadowed By Maleficent
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 22 Rare Photos You’ll Never See In Textbooks
- An 80-Foot Steel Kraken Will Create An Artificial Coral Reef Near The British Virgin Islands
- Stunning Photographs Taken By Stanley Kubrick That Capture Street Scenes of New York City In The 1940s
- “I Want To Take You Higher”: Girls Of Woodstock, The Best Beauty And Style Moments From Summer 1969
- Designer Puts The “Suit” In Wetsuit With $3,900 Optical Illusion
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Photographer Philippe Echaroux Used A McDonald’s Big Mac Box To Create Stunning Portraits
- Japanese Photographer Makes Absolutely Breathtaking Vacuum-Sealed Wedding Photos
- “Anti-Selfies”: Artist Lies Facedown In Tourist Spots And Pretends To Be Dead
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov