11 Disney Warrior Princesses Turned Badass By Russian Artist Artemii Myasnikov
Ariel Riding Sebastian Into Battle
Many people see Disney princesses as the epitome of beauty and grace. But one Russian artist, named Artemii Myasnikov, decided to look at them from a different angle – he gave 11 Disney princesses extreme makeovers and turned them into badass warriors.
The artist told Bored Panda his inspiration came when he was watching “Disenchantment” with his wife one night. They started discussing what they liked and disliked about the main character and both liked that she was no damsel in distress, unlike most Disney princesses. “I immediately wanted to draw a Snow White (because to me she’s the most damsel-in-distress-y princess ever) that would be armed, dangerous, and in charge of her own fate. That’s how the sequence started,” said Artemii.
When not drawing warrior princesses, Artemii works as an art director in a games studio. He regularly uploads his art to Instagram and says his favorite themes are girls, strange creatures, and techno stuff.
“Growing up, I was into Gen 13, all of the Mike Mignola stuff, DC and Marvel comic series (As a child, I was a die-hard fan of X-men series), Mulan, The Transformers, Exosquad, The Animatrics…” says the artist.
Check out the badass princesses in the gallery below!
Mulan And Mushu Looking Ready To Stir-Fry You
Pocahontas And A Rabid Meeko
Belle And An Absolute Beast
Rapunzel Ready To Cut More Than Just Hair
Jasmine Flying In On Carpet
The Last But Definitely Not The Least Goes Merida
Cinderella Ain’t Got Time For Glass Slippers!
Snow White And The Seven Angry Dwarves
And Tiana Doing… Magic?
Aurora Shadowed By Maleficent
More Inspiring Stories:
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Gorgeous And Intriguing Series Of Photographs By Øystein Sture Aspelund Capturing Temporary Installations Of Smoke, Light & Fire, Set In Unspoilt Nordic Landscapes
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- 100-Year-Old Negatives Discovered In Block Of Ice In Antarctica
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- Josh Keyes’ New Paintings Of Post-Apocalyptic World
- Moody Animal Puns That Will Remind You That It’s OK To Be Sad
- Nevermind In Sovietland By Photographer Tomeu Coll