11 Disney Warrior Princesses Turned Badass By Russian Artist Artemii Myasnikov
Ariel Riding Sebastian Into Battle
Many people see Disney princesses as the epitome of beauty and grace. But one Russian artist, named Artemii Myasnikov, decided to look at them from a different angle – he gave 11 Disney princesses extreme makeovers and turned them into badass warriors.
The artist told Bored Panda his inspiration came when he was watching “Disenchantment” with his wife one night. They started discussing what they liked and disliked about the main character and both liked that she was no damsel in distress, unlike most Disney princesses. “I immediately wanted to draw a Snow White (because to me she’s the most damsel-in-distress-y princess ever) that would be armed, dangerous, and in charge of her own fate. That’s how the sequence started,” said Artemii.
When not drawing warrior princesses, Artemii works as an art director in a games studio. He regularly uploads his art to Instagram and says his favorite themes are girls, strange creatures, and techno stuff.
“Growing up, I was into Gen 13, all of the Mike Mignola stuff, DC and Marvel comic series (As a child, I was a die-hard fan of X-men series), Mulan, The Transformers, Exosquad, The Animatrics…” says the artist.
Check out the badass princesses in the gallery below!
Mulan And Mushu Looking Ready To Stir-Fry You
Pocahontas And A Rabid Meeko
Belle And An Absolute Beast
Rapunzel Ready To Cut More Than Just Hair
Jasmine Flying In On Carpet
The Last But Definitely Not The Least Goes Merida
Cinderella Ain’t Got Time For Glass Slippers!
Snow White And The Seven Angry Dwarves
And Tiana Doing… Magic?
Aurora Shadowed By Maleficent
- Fascinating Photo Manipulations And Advertising Photography By Christophe Huet
- This Black Guy Drew What It Was Like Being The Only Black Man In A White Office In The 60s, And It’s Worse Than You Think
- Superb Creative Photography Of Arthur Mebius
- Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
- Marvelous Portraits Of Beautiful Russian Women By Sergey Shatskov
- Artist Mario Unger Spends 3000 Hours To Colorize Old Black & White Photos Of Famous People
- Hilarious Questions Posed To The New York Public Library Pre-Internet
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- “Don’t Drive Drunk”: Powerful And Creative Anti-Drink Driving Campaign
- Stunning Photos Of Ecstatic Teenagers Screaming At Pop Concerts In The 1960s And 1970s