“Stay Connected”: Surreal Acrylic Works By Wiley Wallace
Surreal acrylic works by Arizona-born Wiley Wallace, whose amazing paintings can currently be seen in a solo exhibition entitled “Stay Connected” at the Thinkspace Gallery in Culver City until July 21, 2018. Children and skeletons are recurring themes in his works – often using his own children as models – and represent a kind of original connection to something invisible and incomprehensible.
Playfully and macabrely, the artist combines intense thematic contrasts between light and dark. His pictures convey a kind of nostalgia for science fiction that can be traced back to the Spielberg era of the 80s.
More: Wiley Wallace
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Amusing Illustrations That Share Insights About Everyday Life And Psychology
- Amazing Photos From One Eyeland Mobile Photographers 2020 Awards
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- “Phantasmagoric Ecstasy”: The Superb Collage Artworks of Michelle Concetta
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- Illustrator Creates Posters With Deep And Hidden Meanings
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer