Hotel Reenacts Guests’ Most Bizarre Suggestions
The Standard Hotel chain made use of their 2013 customer evaluations in a creative way. Under the direction of Erik Kessels and photograph Thomas Mailaender, the hotel rolled out a quirky calendar that references twelve of the strangest letters, suggestions and complaints collected from their guests. As part of the visual documentation, hotel staff were invited to re-enact the scenes, which include a man completely wrapped in toilet paper and a Daschund puppy sandwiched between a hot-dog bun.
Flipping through the monthly themes, you will find a hallway full of water cups from a guest thanking the hotel for curing his epic hangover. Good thing there is a small explanation on each page, or else it would be impossible to understand what is happening in the photo. Nonetheless, the Amsterdam-based creative agency KesselsKarmer did a great job in creating something that is unique to the hotel. So if you have ever left a comment card at The Standard, be prepared because your idea might be one of 12 peculiar calendar ideas for the new year.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- The Most Impressive Photos From The Ocean Photography Awards 2021 Finalists
- “Shadows”: The Superb Cinematic, Dark and Melancholic Photoworks of Kaiwan Shaban
- Artist Jim Bachor Fills Potholes With Funny Mosaics
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Funny Animal Pics That Just Don’t Make Any Sense, As Shared On This Instagram Account
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- 35 Entrances, 3708 Apartments: Welcome to the Russian Kowloon Walled City!