Stunning Dark And Relevant Charcoal Drawings By Trevor Guthrie
Trevor Guthrie makes large-format charcoal drawings of familiar genres such as still life, landscape, portrait and figurative art. His pictures are mysterious narratives or scenes of creatures in bedrooms or offices or flying where they should`t be.
There is also a combination of morbidity and humor in Guthrie`s drawings, he is known for works that touch on darker political themes or notorious figures from the past that almost prophetically relate to today`s stormy political times. Guthrie uses his virtuoso drawing skills to great effect with an articulation of the medium unusual to charcoal’s history, He quoted as saying he is not interested in photorealism or hyper-realism.
“I work with sticks of charcoal like the caveman did 40 thousand years ago, if you see my work up close instead of on a small screen, you can see my rough handwork which I refer to as symphonies of mistakes”.
More Inspiring Stories:
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Commuters Around The World Went Pantless For The Annual “No Pants Subway Ride”
- Cool Snaps That Show Bedroom Walls In The 1980s
- Inside China’s Trash Park Where Bentleys And Mercedes Worths Millions Are Abandoned By Their Rich Owners
- Embarrassing Design Mistakes You Won’t Believe Actually Happened
- Quirky Interventions By Octavi Serra Question The Rules Of Public Spaces
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan