Stunning Dark And Relevant Charcoal Drawings By Trevor Guthrie
Trevor Guthrie makes large-format charcoal drawings of familiar genres such as still life, landscape, portrait and figurative art. His pictures are mysterious narratives or scenes of creatures in bedrooms or offices or flying where they should`t be.
There is also a combination of morbidity and humor in Guthrie`s drawings, he is known for works that touch on darker political themes or notorious figures from the past that almost prophetically relate to today`s stormy political times. Guthrie uses his virtuoso drawing skills to great effect with an articulation of the medium unusual to charcoal’s history, He quoted as saying he is not interested in photorealism or hyper-realism.
“I work with sticks of charcoal like the caveman did 40 thousand years ago, if you see my work up close instead of on a small screen, you can see my rough handwork which I refer to as symphonies of mistakes”.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- The ‘World’s Biggest’ War Diorama, A State-Funded Exhibition Recreates The Battlefields Of WWII In Brutal Detail
- Female Artists Are Being Completely Removed From Their Own Album Covers In Iran
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- Haunted Faces Of The World War One Brought To Life In Striking Colorized Images By Mario Unger
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- Vintage Snapshots Of Freaky Halloween Costumes That Give You A Nightmare
- Photographer Henry Do Captures Breathtaking Aerial Images Of The Circular Community In Denmark