Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
Born 1953 in Astoria, New York City, American singer, songwriter, actress and activist Cyndi Lauper has spanned her career over 40 years.
Her album She’s So Unusual (1983) was the first debut album by a female artist to achieve four top-five hits on the Billboard Hot 100—”Girls Just Want to Have Fun”, “Time After Time”, “She Bop”, and “All Through the Night”—and earned Lauper the Best New Artist award at the 27th Grammy Awards in 1985.
“When I explained my vision to Janet Perr, who was the art director, she suggested Coney Island,” Lauper said. “Janet and I went together to location scout with Annie Leibowitz who was the photographer — I was so lucky to work with Annie on my first album cover — and we came upon the Roberto Clemente building and we knew it would be the perfect backdrop. I wanted it to be a study of midday light. It’s my favorite time of day as far as lighting goes.”
Here below are stunning photos of Cyndi Lauper photographed by Annie Leibovitz at Coney Island for her album She’s So Unusual in 1983.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Artist Creates Brilliant Comics For People Who Like Dark Humor