Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
Born 1953 in Astoria, New York City, American singer, songwriter, actress and activist Cyndi Lauper has spanned her career over 40 years.
Her album She’s So Unusual (1983) was the first debut album by a female artist to achieve four top-five hits on the Billboard Hot 100—”Girls Just Want to Have Fun”, “Time After Time”, “She Bop”, and “All Through the Night”—and earned Lauper the Best New Artist award at the 27th Grammy Awards in 1985.
“When I explained my vision to Janet Perr, who was the art director, she suggested Coney Island,” Lauper said. “Janet and I went together to location scout with Annie Leibowitz who was the photographer — I was so lucky to work with Annie on my first album cover — and we came upon the Roberto Clemente building and we knew it would be the perfect backdrop. I wanted it to be a study of midday light. It’s my favorite time of day as far as lighting goes.”
Here below are stunning photos of Cyndi Lauper photographed by Annie Leibovitz at Coney Island for her album She’s So Unusual in 1983.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- Turkish Artist Hossein Diba Creates These Creepy Realistic Recreations Of “The Simpsons” Characters That Will Give You Nightmares
- Photographer Analyzes Brain Waves To Construct Portraits Of People’s Ideal Selves
- Artist Avner Geller Perfectly Illustrates Things He Has Accidentally Overheard
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- Metal Albums Look Much Less Scary With Googly Eyes
- This Unbelievable 1959 Curtiss-Wright Model 2500 Air-Car
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of The Grateful Dead’s Wall Of Sound, 1974
- A Photographer’s Aerial Photos Of Parked Planes Show Just How Far The Airline Industry Has Fallen During The Lockdown