Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
Born 1953 in Astoria, New York City, American singer, songwriter, actress and activist Cyndi Lauper has spanned her career over 40 years.
Her album She’s So Unusual (1983) was the first debut album by a female artist to achieve four top-five hits on the Billboard Hot 100—”Girls Just Want to Have Fun”, “Time After Time”, “She Bop”, and “All Through the Night”—and earned Lauper the Best New Artist award at the 27th Grammy Awards in 1985.
“When I explained my vision to Janet Perr, who was the art director, she suggested Coney Island,” Lauper said. “Janet and I went together to location scout with Annie Leibowitz who was the photographer — I was so lucky to work with Annie on my first album cover — and we came upon the Roberto Clemente building and we knew it would be the perfect backdrop. I wanted it to be a study of midday light. It’s my favorite time of day as far as lighting goes.”
Here below are stunning photos of Cyndi Lauper photographed by Annie Leibovitz at Coney Island for her album She’s So Unusual in 1983.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- The Winners Of Hasselblad Masters 2021 Photo Competition
- Fascinating Black and White Pictures of New York Street Life in the Late 1960s
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers