Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
Born 1953 in Astoria, New York City, American singer, songwriter, actress and activist Cyndi Lauper has spanned her career over 40 years.
Her album She’s So Unusual (1983) was the first debut album by a female artist to achieve four top-five hits on the Billboard Hot 100—”Girls Just Want to Have Fun”, “Time After Time”, “She Bop”, and “All Through the Night”—and earned Lauper the Best New Artist award at the 27th Grammy Awards in 1985.
“When I explained my vision to Janet Perr, who was the art director, she suggested Coney Island,” Lauper said. “Janet and I went together to location scout with Annie Leibowitz who was the photographer — I was so lucky to work with Annie on my first album cover — and we came upon the Roberto Clemente building and we knew it would be the perfect backdrop. I wanted it to be a study of midday light. It’s my favorite time of day as far as lighting goes.”
Here below are stunning photos of Cyndi Lauper photographed by Annie Leibovitz at Coney Island for her album She’s So Unusual in 1983.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- How People Look After 1, 2 & 3 Glasses Of Wine
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s
- Photographer Captures The Unique And Amazing People Of The New York Subway
- 45 Comics With Twisted Endings For People With A Dark Sense Of Humor
- “Selfish Pigs” Cartoons Show Annoying Things People Do
- “Stagnation”: An Illustrative Exploration of Modern Surrealism by Anastasiya Kraynyuk
- The Cars That Money Can’t Buy: 1953-1955 Alfa Romeo B.A.T. Concepts
- The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known