“Electric Dreams”: Amazing Portraits Of ’80s Geeks
In computers and the Internet, a geek is a person who is inordinately dedicated to and involved with technology. As computer technology becomes less frightening to larger numbers of people, society seems to be developing a more tolerant, even benevolent view of the geek.
In some circles, it is considered a compliment to be called a geek because the term implies a high level of competence. Similar designations include nerd and propellor head. The most advanced geek in an organization is sometimes referred to as the alpha geek.
Historically, a geek was a circus person in the sideshow who performed some bizarre feat. Over time, the meaning of geek has changed to include anyone with an obsession that places him outside mainstream society.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- University Professor Has Redesigned The Zweibrück Observatory In Germany Into R2-D2
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- 36 Widespread “Truths” That Are Totally Fake
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree
- The Weird World of Competitive Dog Grooming
- Rare Photos Of Los Angeles Rock Bands, 1978-1989
- This Supercargo Vehicle Is Something Out Of This World