“Electric Dreams”: Amazing Portraits Of ’80s Geeks
In computers and the Internet, a geek is a person who is inordinately dedicated to and involved with technology. As computer technology becomes less frightening to larger numbers of people, society seems to be developing a more tolerant, even benevolent view of the geek.
In some circles, it is considered a compliment to be called a geek because the term implies a high level of competence. Similar designations include nerd and propellor head. The most advanced geek in an organization is sometimes referred to as the alpha geek.
Historically, a geek was a circus person in the sideshow who performed some bizarre feat. Over time, the meaning of geek has changed to include anyone with an obsession that places him outside mainstream society.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- These Are The Yoga Photos No One Wants To Put On Instagram
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Old Superheroes: Artist Shows How Superheroes Will Look When They Retire
- Beautiful Baroque Architecture Bags
- This Man Spent 25 Years To Create The ”World Map” On The Banks Of Lake Klejtrup, Denmark
- Haunting Photographs Of The Hell Of Serra Pelada Mines In The 1980s
- Feeding Polar Bears From A Tank, 1950