Michal Zahornacky Creates Unique Abstract Photographs From Clear Water That Look Like Paintings
Michal Zahornacky is professional fine art photographer from Slovakia. Since 2014 he is active in the photography field on professional level. He is a self-taught.
The main role in his photography plays the human. He mainly focuses on fine-art and conceptual portraits. His photographs are specific for unique emotions and atmosphere. He brings thoughts and moods to his photographs which he always shows them in unclear imagination so the viewer must think about the message of the photography. His most famous projects are Dream series and Poems series, which were published in many magazines and prized in Slovakia as well as abroad. By viewing Michal’s photographs you find yourself thinking about the realness of the photography and about the postprocess. Most of the photographs are prepared on scene – not photoshop manipulated.
“In my project Curves, I am displaying other, original look of portraits. It goes beyond the classical beauty and prefers an abstract image of the photographed model. I try to distort the perfect symmetry of the shape so that the final portrait will look at first as an abstract painting.
In my more recent and abstract pieces, I am questioning viewers perception of aesthetics and encourage them to find beauty in abstract imperfection which is so unique and rare in current media.
The curvature of the image is achieved by using the physical properties of water. The surface of all water is curved. The water in motion creates irregular curves of the object. It can move, curve, reflect. The photographs are shot on film, not software-manipulated,” he told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Seeing America In Isolation: American Artist George Ault Showed Us The America He Saw In Shades Of Darknes
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Artist Shows How Classical Paintings Would Look During Quarantine
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Italian Photographer Started To Take Photos Of Models Remotely With A Webcam During The Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Powerful Photos Show Pope Francis Praying Alone In St. Peter’s Square
- Cop In Coronavirus Helmet Warns People To Stay Inside
- 6 Feet Covers: Duo Artists Re-Designed Iconic Album Covers To Promote Social Distancing
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s