Designer Duncan Shotton Creates A Miniature Swimming Pool Drinking Glass
British designer Duncan Shotton (previously) introduces his next everyday object: A miniature swimming pool drinking glass. A minimal design with a little touch of lovelyness, to give you the positive feeling that comes with summertime, all year round.
Duncan established his small Tokyo design studio in 2012, and re-located to Bristol UK in early 2018. Focusing on designing happiness into everyday things, Duncan uses themes such as play, wit and illusion to create a range of original products and limited edition items that converge simple ideas with serious product design.
A frosted area around the glass creates the pool “wall”, and a gold ladder appears to wrap over it. A blue circle is printed on the bottom, which then gently fades up into the frosted wall as a halftone gradient. As a final detail, a reversed-out depth gauge runs up the edge of the frosted wall.
Expertly made and decorated in Japan, each glass is decorated with six sets of decals before firing in a kiln, which bonds them to the soda-lime glass.
The boxes are constructed from premium E-flute cardboard, made locally in Bristol, UK. The design is simple, neat and easy to wrap, making a great gift! ^^
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Photographer Henry Do Captures Breathtaking Aerial Images Of The Circular Community In Denmark
- The World’s Largest Photography Competition Announced 100 Finalists From Over A Million Entries And Here’s 30 Of Them
- Female Artists Are Being Completely Removed From Their Own Album Covers In Iran
- Centipede, Spider And Other Creepy Animal-Inspired Handbags Created By A Japanese Artist
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Go Get Glitter: The Superb Creative Glitter Makeup Ideas For Halloween