Guy Transforms 1907 Upright Piano Into A Luxurious Desk
Artist Jonathan Miranda Sickmeyer came across a free piano on Craigslist and he could let it go to waste. Once he found out that it was going to cost too much money to restore it, he decided to go in a different direction. Instead of restoring the piano, he turned it into a one of a kind desk.
“I am an artist and musician and I already own a piano that I play on a regular basis. My family and I had just moved into a home for the first time, and I wanted a desk for my office but a lot of them were so expensive. Then I came across a post on Facebook of someone turning a piano into a desk. That was when I got inspired to make a piano desk for myself. But where to begin?” – Jonathan told Bored Panda.
“I started looking around and was able to find a free piano on craigslist that someone was going to throw away to the dump. It was in rough shape but it was beautiful. Too beautiful to be thrown in the dump,” he added.
“When I saw it, I debated on repurposing it back to its original state, but it would have cost more than what the piano was actually worth. So I was at peace in turning something that was meant for one purpose and giving it a whole new one.”
“I was able to trace the piano’s serial number back to its date of creation, 1907. All the more so I was excited about this. You see, I am a veteran who appreciates this country’s history. And to find an antique that has seen the years of WWI, The Great Depression, WWII, etc. was just amazing.”
“Some people have criticized me for destroying a beautiful piece of work, but I believe I gave this piece a new life that will serve me well, and that it can be passed down from generation to generation in my family.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Girl Cosplays Unexpected Things And Here Are Hilarious Instagram Pics
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Random Acts Of Brilliant Vandalism
- Awkward Vintage Photos of Celebrities Posing With Their Beloved Cats
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- “Mystery Meat”: Photographer Portrays Fast Food In A Ghastly New Light
- Faces Of M’era Luna, The World’s Biggest Goth And Steampunk Festival
- This Japanese Artists Creates Realistic 3D Portraits Of People’s Cats
- Chinese Artist Creates Images Of Slothful Animals To Parody How Lazy This Generation Is Becoming