Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
After a college party to celebrate the end of term, John Lennon asked Cynthia Powell if she would like to “go out” with him. She quickly replied that she was engaged to a young man in Hoylake; he replied, “I didn’t ask you to marry me, did I?” He later approached her and asked if she would go to the Ye Cracke pub. She was confused when he ignored her all evening, but eventually invited her into the group with a joke.
They began dating, with Lennon now referring to her as “Cyn”. In the autumn of 1958, she ended her engagement to be with him, and he ended his relationship with another art student, Thelma Pickles.
Powell and Lennon were married on 23 August 1962 at the Mount Pleasant Register office in Liverpool. Lennon was 21 years old, and Powell 22.
British photographer Robert Whitaker took these lovely photos of John Lennon and his first wife Cynthia at their home, Kenwood in Weybridge, Surrey, 1965.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- 18 Astoundingly Accurate Diagrams Showing What It’s Really Like To Be An Introvert
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Beautiful Portraits of Highland Park High School Teenage Girls, 1947
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- These Photographs Of Fathers And Their Sons Reveal The Full Wonder Of Human Genes