Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
After a college party to celebrate the end of term, John Lennon asked Cynthia Powell if she would like to “go out” with him. She quickly replied that she was engaged to a young man in Hoylake; he replied, “I didn’t ask you to marry me, did I?” He later approached her and asked if she would go to the Ye Cracke pub. She was confused when he ignored her all evening, but eventually invited her into the group with a joke.
They began dating, with Lennon now referring to her as “Cyn”. In the autumn of 1958, she ended her engagement to be with him, and he ended his relationship with another art student, Thelma Pickles.
Powell and Lennon were married on 23 August 1962 at the Mount Pleasant Register office in Liverpool. Lennon was 21 years old, and Powell 22.
British photographer Robert Whitaker took these lovely photos of John Lennon and his first wife Cynthia at their home, Kenwood in Weybridge, Surrey, 1965.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- How People With Bad Eyesight See The World When They Take Off Their Glasses
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Stroyboard Artist Marty Cooper Inserts Cartoons Into Real-World Situations
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Italian Photographer Started To Take Photos Of Models Remotely With A Webcam During The Quarantine
- This Is How Some People Actually Work From Home
- Artist Reimagined Famous Paintings To See What They’d Look Like If They Were Painted During The Coronavirus Crisis
- On The Front Line: Chinese Artists Pay Tribute To Medics In The Fight With Coronavirus Outbrake