The ‘Oooo Face’: That Puckered Look Every Woman Was Making Mid-Century
If you’ve seen old advertisements from the 1950s, then you know exactly what the “Oooo Face” is (not to be confused with the “O Face”). Seemingly every woman in these ads wore the expression; the lips positioned to form the long /oo/ sound. Generally, she’s wearing red lipstick and her eyes give the impression of being dumbfounded.
And it wasn’t just advertisements that had women pursing their lips – it was everywhere: album covers, pin-ups, magazine covers. Wherever an image of a woman was found, there you found the “Oooo Face”.
Let’s have a look at some of the endless examples from midcentury…
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- These Are The Yoga Photos No One Wants To Put On Instagram
- Old Superheroes: Artist Shows How Superheroes Will Look When They Retire
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Beautiful Baroque Architecture Bags
- This Man Spent 25 Years To Create The ”World Map” On The Banks Of Lake Klejtrup, Denmark
- Haunting Photographs Of The Hell Of Serra Pelada Mines In The 1980s
- Feeding Polar Bears From A Tank, 1950