The ‘Oooo Face’: That Puckered Look Every Woman Was Making Mid-Century
If you’ve seen old advertisements from the 1950s, then you know exactly what the “Oooo Face” is (not to be confused with the “O Face”). Seemingly every woman in these ads wore the expression; the lips positioned to form the long /oo/ sound. Generally, she’s wearing red lipstick and her eyes give the impression of being dumbfounded.
And it wasn’t just advertisements that had women pursing their lips – it was everywhere: album covers, pin-ups, magazine covers. Wherever an image of a woman was found, there you found the “Oooo Face”.
Let’s have a look at some of the endless examples from midcentury…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- Man Finds Mysterious Book That Can Not Be Explained
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz