The ‘Oooo Face’: That Puckered Look Every Woman Was Making Mid-Century
If you’ve seen old advertisements from the 1950s, then you know exactly what the “Oooo Face” is (not to be confused with the “O Face”). Seemingly every woman in these ads wore the expression; the lips positioned to form the long /oo/ sound. Generally, she’s wearing red lipstick and her eyes give the impression of being dumbfounded.
And it wasn’t just advertisements that had women pursing their lips – it was everywhere: album covers, pin-ups, magazine covers. Wherever an image of a woman was found, there you found the “Oooo Face”.
Let’s have a look at some of the endless examples from midcentury…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Slinningsbålet: The Battle For The Biggest Bonfire In The World
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like