Canadian Professor Transforms His Skin With 2,500-Year-Old Scythian-Inspired Tattoos
Getting inked isn’t a new thing. In the BP exhibition “Scythians: Warriors of Ancient Siberia”, you will find skin preserved with ancient tattoos. Dave Mazierski, a medical illustrator and biomedical communications professor from Toronto has made it his mission in life to cover his body in the same tattoos that are found on a 2,500-year-old mummy from a Bronze Age Scythian tribe.
“I was attracted to the beautiful and organic designs when they were shown to me by my former teacher and mentor in the Art as Applied to Medicine program at the University of Toronto, Steve Gilbert, who also happened to be a tattoo artist and historian. I told him I was interested in starting a ‘tattoo project’ in which all of the pieces would (eventually) integrate into a greater whole… I was thinking along the lines of a Japanese style ‘body suit’. I was unfamiliar with the Scythian/Pazyryk tattoos at the time, but when Steve showed them to me, I decided that that was the art I wanted,” said Dave.
More info: The British Museum
Line drawings of tattoos from a Scythian burial.
Fragment of mummified skin showing a Scythian tattoo.
© The State Hermitage Museum, St Petersburg, 2017. Photo: V Terebenin.
Steve Gilbert tattooing Dave Mazierski.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Magnificent NSFW Beauty Photography By Stepan Kvardakov
- Spectacular Winners Of The Hasselblad Masters Award 2018
- “Butcher Billy’s Tales Of The Unexpected Black Mirrors”: The Episodes Of Season 4 Turned Into Vintage Comics
- Photographer Captures Intimate And Unguarded Portraits Of Porn Stars
- From Australia With Love – Beauty Photography By Chris Dwyer
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- The Best Photographs Of 2017 – By The People Who Shot Them
- Here’s What’s Happening Outside Of Famous Music Album Covers
- Norwegian Artist Nikolai Lockertsen Creates Amazing Concept Art By Using iPad As A Canvas
- 30 Captivating Historical Photographs Which You Need To See
- Turbo-Reactive Diesel-Punk: Flying Retro Cars By Alejandro Burdisio
- Meet Elena Deligioz, Probably The Most Beautiful Female Cosplay Soldier In The World
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- 100-Year-Old Negatives Discovered In Block Of Ice In Antarctica
- Gorgeous Female Portraits By Kevin Mathison
- Snowlandia – World’s Largest Snow Labyrinth Opens In Poland
- Vintage, Rare, Candid, Funny, Beautiful, Weird And Awesome Celebrity Photos
- These Neon-Soaked Cityscapes Make South Africa Look Like Hong Kong
- This Guy Bought A Giant Plastic Godzilla, And Now They Travel Everywhere Together
- Retro Photos In WTF Style
- This Modern Cat Tree Designed To Feel Your Cats At Anytime
- Japanese Photographer Captures Very Sad Stray Cats And Their Games
- These Ads From Haiti Hope To Use Trump’s Words Against Him
- Belarusian Photographer Captures The Beauty Of Women’s Bodies In Gorgeous Erotic Photos