Created From The Recycled Tire Tubes, The Pangolin By Cyclus Takes Backpacks To Another Level
2010’s Steel Pencil Design Award winner, the Pangolin by Cyclus takes backpacks to another level. Handmade by Colombian people in need and consisted of recycled tire inner tubes, the backpack is inspired by the pangolin, a mammal that possesses large keratin scales covering its skin for protection.
Recalling this exoskeleton, the design, instead of following the standard zipped closure system, is done in such way that the scale layers are retractable and locked by a triple magnetic mechanism.
Along with the scales, the texture created by the recycled rubber gives uniqueness to an extremely durable ware that, as the nocturnal animal itself, suggests hard, extreme, and, why not, urban conditions.
Part of a collection of objects that mime the pangolin’s biomechanics, this backpack is suited to those looking for more than just goods… It is suited to those searching for an environmental and social friendly experience, filled with practical yet poetic traits.
It’s really inspiring to see these issues allied to such an edgy and straightforward piece that strives for functionality and simplicity having Nature simultaneously as its great muse and protégé.
Who could have ever imagined that from tires it would be possible to create not only a backpack, but a trendy sharp shell of your own?
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Raul Moreno Coslado’s Grotesque Portraits and Illustrations
- The Superb Graphic Novels and Character Art Works of Jordi Lafebre
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Butts on Things: Illustrator Brian Cook Draws Butts on Everything
- Bloody Conan and The Beloved Superheroes: Comic Illustrations by Mahmud Asrar
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers