Created From The Recycled Tire Tubes, The Pangolin By Cyclus Takes Backpacks To Another Level
2010’s Steel Pencil Design Award winner, the Pangolin by Cyclus takes backpacks to another level. Handmade by Colombian people in need and consisted of recycled tire inner tubes, the backpack is inspired by the pangolin, a mammal that possesses large keratin scales covering its skin for protection.
Recalling this exoskeleton, the design, instead of following the standard zipped closure system, is done in such way that the scale layers are retractable and locked by a triple magnetic mechanism.
Along with the scales, the texture created by the recycled rubber gives uniqueness to an extremely durable ware that, as the nocturnal animal itself, suggests hard, extreme, and, why not, urban conditions.
Part of a collection of objects that mime the pangolin’s biomechanics, this backpack is suited to those looking for more than just goods… It is suited to those searching for an environmental and social friendly experience, filled with practical yet poetic traits.
It’s really inspiring to see these issues allied to such an edgy and straightforward piece that strives for functionality and simplicity having Nature simultaneously as its great muse and protégé.
Who could have ever imagined that from tires it would be possible to create not only a backpack, but a trendy sharp shell of your own?
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- These Pictures Of Cardboard Cat Art Will Make Anyone Laugh
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Gorgeous Photos Of Classic Beauties Taken From Between The 1940s And 1960s By Philippe Halsman
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Artist Illustrated 18 Famous Quotes With Beautiful Posters
- These Dull Passport Photos Are Hiding Hilarious Secrets