Yarnvertising: DIY Fashion Adverts Of The 1970s
People don’t appreciate these days the level of DIY fashion in the 1960s and 1970s. Women back then knew how to sew and magically make stuff out of balls of yarn – it was almost a required skill. Then, seemingly overnight, it became a lost art…
“I don’t think people these days appreciate the level of DIY fashion in the 1960s and 1970s. Women back then knew how to sew and magically make stuff out of balls of yarn – it was a required skill since time immemorial. Then, seemingly overnight, it became a lost art. I suppose the Baby Boomers didn’t feel it was a useful skill for “the modern girl” and neglected to pass it on to the next generation.” – Yeoman Lowbrow of Flashbak.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!