Yarnvertising: DIY Fashion Adverts Of The 1970s
People don’t appreciate these days the level of DIY fashion in the 1960s and 1970s. Women back then knew how to sew and magically make stuff out of balls of yarn – it was almost a required skill. Then, seemingly overnight, it became a lost art…
“I don’t think people these days appreciate the level of DIY fashion in the 1960s and 1970s. Women back then knew how to sew and magically make stuff out of balls of yarn – it was a required skill since time immemorial. Then, seemingly overnight, it became a lost art. I suppose the Baby Boomers didn’t feel it was a useful skill for “the modern girl” and neglected to pass it on to the next generation.” – Yeoman Lowbrow of Flashbak.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- These 3-D Portraits Were Created Using Only A Person’s DNA
- Urban Explorer Visits Abandoned Japanese Love Motel Of Naughty Attractions
- Siberian Farm Cats Are Waiting For Spring To Come In Marvelous Photos By Alla Lebedeva
- “Blackest Paint Colored Brush”: Suerb Horror, Fantasy And Sci-Fi Drawings Of Christopher Lovell
- Photographer Took Photos Of Strangers In The 1970s, And When 20 Years Passed, He Set Out To Find Them Again
- Monsters Have Problems Too
- 40-Foot Studebaker President: The World’s Biggest Passenger Car
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Emergency Workers From Around The Globe Take Part In The ‘Tetris Challenge’!