The Wonderful Art Of Missing Pet Posters
The illustrations in these missing pet posters, made by people with little artistic skills, are hilarious. Yet, there is a touch of sadness in them, a heartbreaking desperation.
One of the first impulses of an owner who’s lost a pet is to canvas the neighborhood with quickly made posters. And even if we haven’t seen the wanderer in question, many of us stop to read these notices, which are often charming combinations of heartfelt pleas, humor, and handmade art. For the last decade, Ian Phillips has collected lost pet posters from around world. In Lost, Phillips selects from his vast collection those posters notable for their cleverness, humor, sorrow, entreaties, rewards, and-in several instances-sheer outlandishness (“Lost Lost Lost: one brown and white ‘mottled’ street duck. Does not answer to the name of Neither Norman”).
For designers, artists, or anyone who wants to tap into the human and creative side of our everyday lives under stress, Lost is a book that tells a story on every page. As a collection, the posters represent an authentic folk art that expresses a commonality between the readers and the makers from the United States to China. For pet owners everywhere, and for anyone who has very stopped to read a lost pet poster, Lost is a heart-warming tribute.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- 2020 Pooping Dogs Calendar Is Here
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- This UI Engineer Makes Stunning Digital Art Entirely From HTML & CSS Code
- 1970s: The Most Romantic And Bizarre Period For Men’s Hairstyles
- 16 Bizarre Inventions From The Victorian Era
- Superb Colossal Steampunk Sculptures By Pierre Matter
- Artist Brings Old Watch Parts To Life With Awesome Steampunk Sculptures