Bizarre Pictures Of The Beatles Cover Session For the Album “Yesterday And Today” In 1966
Yesterday and Today is a studio album by the English rock band the Beatles, their ninth album released on Capitol Records and twelfth American release overall. It was originally issued only in the United States and Canada, in June 1966.
Typical of the Beatles’ North American discography until 1967, the album contains songs that Capitol had withheld from its versions of the band’s recent EMI albums – in this case, Help! and Rubber Soul – along with others that were issued on non-album singles.
The album is remembered primarily for the controversy surrounding its original cover image. Taken by photographer Robert Whitaker, and said to be the Beatles’ statement against the Vietnam War, this ‘butcher cover’ image showed the band dressed in white smocks and covered with decapitated baby dolls and pieces of raw meat.
Others said it was the Beatles protesting the fact that their North American albums had been ‘butchered’ – switched around and not as originally intended.
The album’s title plays on the title of the song “Yesterday”. Having been deleted from Capitol’s catalogue in 1986, Yesterday and Today was reissued on CD in 2014.
These pictures of The Beatles cover session for the album Yesterday and Today were taken by photographer Robert Whitaker at Vale Studios in Chelsea on March 25, 1966.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Vietnamese Artist Creates Surreal Illustrations Of Animals and Cute Things in the Forest
- Emotional Celebrity Portraits By Marc Hom