“Geometric Variants”, An Optical Illusion Photography Project By Erika Zolli
Known for its surreal and dreamlike vision, Erika Zolli’s photography combines the compositional force of abstraction with the emotional power of magical realism, leading those who look to a very particular and completely new aesthetic.
In “Geometric Variants” project, the photographer plays on the geometric relationship between man and space. If in the previous work, “Surreal Arabesque”, she had shown the extravagance of the imagery through a strong color saturation, in this new project, however, we come back to pure minimalism, already visible from the sole choice of black and white.
The relationship between subject and space in “Geometric Variants” has a strong visual impact, accentuated by the scenario of repeated monochrome shapes that create a geometrically psychic atmosphere. In this series of images the space is represented by multiple geometric shapes that represent the “variants”, and here the subject tunes to a certain area in the variation sector.
“The whole project is inspired by the theory of variants. It shows how the energy of man’s thoughts ends up in a field of space around it, called the space of variants, giving rise to the material realization of the variant itself. In “Geometric Variants” are represented: space, intended as a background made up of repeated geometric shapes, the subject and the creation of the variant date, represented by the union between the subject and his choice of how and where to position himself in relation to space,” she says.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- “Ulm Nest”: Sleep Capsules Are Designed to Protect Ulm Homeless People from Freezing to Death
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Before the Photoshop Era, Here Are What Manipulated Photos Looked Like in the Early 20th Century
- 12 Tricks To Appear Smart In Emails
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- GCDS 2021 Calendar Viva L’Italia by Nadia Lee Cohen