Wooden Figure Of A Lady With Built-In Clavichord And Draws, c. 1780, Germany
This curious cabinet conceals a clavichord and several draws within the figure of an 18th century woman. Secret compartments are tucked away throughout the figure including the back of the head! Asymmetrical draws are concealed within her bodice and her foot acts as the instruments peddle.
The figure originally wore an overdress and cap, as seen in image 2, and had previously been given a modesty panel to cover her cleavage. Little is known about who owned this unique piece but it’s certainly an interesting combination of historical dress and furniture!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- The Apocalypse Of Pop Culture By Filip Hodas
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- Is It A Billboard? No, It’s A Building!
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants