Meet the New Kitschy Bikini for Men: The Brokini
Two Toronto-based “bros” are looking to take the fashion world by storm with their new, unconventional beachwear item: the “Brokini.”
The product is the brainchild of Chad Sasko and Taylor Field, and is described tongue-in-cheek on its own website as “the perfect swimwear to make your parents question where they went wrong.”
“We’re getting lots of great feedback and we’re getting lots of negative feedback, which we’re finding hilarious,” said Field, who, along with Sasko, attended Medway High School in London, Ont., and graduated in 2010 from Western University with a Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies. Both later moved to Toronto, where Sasko still lives.
“We’re getting comments like we need to be more worried about the spread of brokinis than the spread of COVID. Lots of ‘why would you ever make this?’ And then we’re also getting people saying that they’ve been waiting their whole lives for a bathing suit like this.”
The bathing suits may not leave much to the imagination, which may be the point, judging by the marketing.
If you’re wondering how such a bathing suit came to be, Field cites the bachelor parties he and Sasko attended through their 20s.
“With our group of friends, people just kept trying to one-up each other in terms of crazy outfits to wear. And eventually down the line, Chad and I came up with the Brokini.”
“We originally made 250, which were in Chad’s mom’s garage which we were using as our fulfillment centre,” he says. Producing the initial Brokinis cost about $5,000.
“For the first three weeks we sold four or five. And those were all to friends. But then we blew up on Monday, and now we have moved most of our inventory, and we’re starting to take a ton of backorders.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wearing Futuristic Protective Suits, Washington State Crews Destroy First US Murder Hornet Nest
- Beautiful Bizarre: Weird and Wonderful Post-Mortem Fairy Tales by Mothmeister
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Unusual Maps People Shared On This Group That Might Change Your Perspective On Things
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Wear Mask. Save Live”: Borat Had Made Hilarious Appearances on Major Landmarks Across the UK
- Artist Raises Thousands for Charity with Hilarious Pet Portraits
- The Most Diabolically Evil-Looking Buildings In The World
- Austria Postal Service Prints Coronavirus-Themed Stamp on Toilet Paper