Pantone Colour Of The Year 2019 – Living Coral Is Your Shade Next Year
Move over ‘Millenial Pink’ as the shade taking the crown for the next 12 months is ‘Living Coral’. Living Coral is a vibrant orange shade, often dubbed muted terracotta. Pantone has described the latest shade as: “An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energises and enlivens with a softer edge.”
Pantone claims its choice has been inspired by endangered sea reefs and global political crises.
Living Coral is Pantone shade #16-1546. The shade replaces Ultra Violent which was the must have colour for 2018. Living Coral has also been described as having a retro vibe and the shade looks set to sweep the runways in the next season.
Pantone Vice President Laurie Pressman described the shade as not only warm and welcoming but versatile and life-affirming.
She said: “With everything that’s going on today, we’re looking for those humanising qualities because we’re seeing online life dehumanising a lot of things.
“We’re looking toward those colours that bring nourishment and the comfort and familiarity that make us feel good.
“It’s not too heavy. We want to play. We want to be uplifted.
“It’s the emotional nourishment. It’s a big hug.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- Photographer Ask Strangers To Reveal Their Deepest Regrets In Life
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- 30 Artists’ Tributes To The Iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- An Instagram Account Dedicated To Learning Basic French Through Beautiful Typography
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos