Pantone Colour Of The Year 2019 – Living Coral Is Your Shade Next Year
Move over ‘Millenial Pink’ as the shade taking the crown for the next 12 months is ‘Living Coral’. Living Coral is a vibrant orange shade, often dubbed muted terracotta. Pantone has described the latest shade as: “An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energises and enlivens with a softer edge.”
Pantone claims its choice has been inspired by endangered sea reefs and global political crises.
Living Coral is Pantone shade #16-1546. The shade replaces Ultra Violent which was the must have colour for 2018. Living Coral has also been described as having a retro vibe and the shade looks set to sweep the runways in the next season.
Pantone Vice President Laurie Pressman described the shade as not only warm and welcoming but versatile and life-affirming.
She said: “With everything that’s going on today, we’re looking for those humanising qualities because we’re seeing online life dehumanising a lot of things.
“We’re looking toward those colours that bring nourishment and the comfort and familiarity that make us feel good.
“It’s not too heavy. We want to play. We want to be uplifted.
“It’s the emotional nourishment. It’s a big hug.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Intimate And Unguarded Portraits Of Porn Stars
- The Earthquake Tower by Remco, ca. 1974
- Doh! The Alternate View On Simpsons By Stanislaw Bashkow
- Snapshots Of Stripteasers From The 1980s At Downtown Los Angeles Venues
- “Namaha”: The Mythologic India In Stunning Illustrations By Abhishek Singh
- Australia’s Silo Murals Make a Road Trip an Art Odyssey
- Winning Photographs from The World of Water Competition
- A Soviet-Era Museum In Kyrgyzstan, Built Into The Side Of A Mountain Containing over 33,000 Archeological Artifacts
- Artist Makes Witty And Quirky Inanimate Object Illustrations That Are Oddly Relatable
- Spectacular Winning Images Of 2021 Black & White MonoVisions Photography Awards