Pantone Colour Of The Year 2019 – Living Coral Is Your Shade Next Year
Move over ‘Millenial Pink’ as the shade taking the crown for the next 12 months is ‘Living Coral’. Living Coral is a vibrant orange shade, often dubbed muted terracotta. Pantone has described the latest shade as: “An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energises and enlivens with a softer edge.”
Pantone claims its choice has been inspired by endangered sea reefs and global political crises.
Living Coral is Pantone shade #16-1546. The shade replaces Ultra Violent which was the must have colour for 2018. Living Coral has also been described as having a retro vibe and the shade looks set to sweep the runways in the next season.
Pantone Vice President Laurie Pressman described the shade as not only warm and welcoming but versatile and life-affirming.
She said: “With everything that’s going on today, we’re looking for those humanising qualities because we’re seeing online life dehumanising a lot of things.
“We’re looking toward those colours that bring nourishment and the comfort and familiarity that make us feel good.
“It’s not too heavy. We want to play. We want to be uplifted.
“It’s the emotional nourishment. It’s a big hug.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- This AI Turns Your Headshot Into A Renaissance Masterpeace
- Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
- Brutally Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens
- Loving Dad Builds Custom “Star Wars” Rocking Horse for Daughter’s 1st Birthday
- Polish Artist Designs Shoсking Ads Of Major Companies That Show The Harsh Reality
- 40 Times People Thought Their T-Shirts Were Cool But Looked Completely Cringeworthy
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art