Pantone Colour Of The Year 2019 – Living Coral Is Your Shade Next Year
Move over ‘Millenial Pink’ as the shade taking the crown for the next 12 months is ‘Living Coral’. Living Coral is a vibrant orange shade, often dubbed muted terracotta. Pantone has described the latest shade as: “An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energises and enlivens with a softer edge.”
Pantone claims its choice has been inspired by endangered sea reefs and global political crises.
Living Coral is Pantone shade #16-1546. The shade replaces Ultra Violent which was the must have colour for 2018. Living Coral has also been described as having a retro vibe and the shade looks set to sweep the runways in the next season.
Pantone Vice President Laurie Pressman described the shade as not only warm and welcoming but versatile and life-affirming.
She said: “With everything that’s going on today, we’re looking for those humanising qualities because we’re seeing online life dehumanising a lot of things.
“We’re looking toward those colours that bring nourishment and the comfort and familiarity that make us feel good.
“It’s not too heavy. We want to play. We want to be uplifted.
“It’s the emotional nourishment. It’s a big hug.”
- “The Death Of Colossus”: Striking Candid Photographs That Capture Everyday Life In The USSR In 1984-1989
- Men Behaving Badly On Saucy Vintage Postcards
- Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
- The Most Awkward Family Christmas Photos Ever
- Canadian Artist Draws Pictures That Are As Warm As A Cup Of Hot Chocolate
- This Artist Creates Amazing 3D Optical Illusions Using Simple Lines
- Quirky And Daring: Best Soviet Concept Cars
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of The British Ecological Society Photo Competition 2018
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Beautiful Chimera: South Korean Artist Paints Optical Illusions On Her Face