Pantone Colour Of The Year 2019 – Living Coral Is Your Shade Next Year
Move over ‘Millenial Pink’ as the shade taking the crown for the next 12 months is ‘Living Coral’. Living Coral is a vibrant orange shade, often dubbed muted terracotta. Pantone has described the latest shade as: “An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energises and enlivens with a softer edge.”
Pantone claims its choice has been inspired by endangered sea reefs and global political crises.
Living Coral is Pantone shade #16-1546. The shade replaces Ultra Violent which was the must have colour for 2018. Living Coral has also been described as having a retro vibe and the shade looks set to sweep the runways in the next season.
Pantone Vice President Laurie Pressman described the shade as not only warm and welcoming but versatile and life-affirming.
She said: “With everything that’s going on today, we’re looking for those humanising qualities because we’re seeing online life dehumanising a lot of things.
“We’re looking toward those colours that bring nourishment and the comfort and familiarity that make us feel good.
“It’s not too heavy. We want to play. We want to be uplifted.
“It’s the emotional nourishment. It’s a big hug.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Cute Illustrations With the Soviet Mood From Anna Desnitskaya
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- This Carpet-Covered Lada Is the Most Soviet-Era Car Ever Made
- “Rest in Peace”: The Dark, Nightmarish and Bizarre Drawings by Dima Khramtsov
- Creepy & Crawly Plush Sculptures by Hine Mizushima
- Amazing Photos Capture Street Scenes of New York City in the 1990s
- Incredible Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Australia 2021 Photo Contest
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- The Superb 3D Digital Experimental Artworks by ☽༒༓N3XTgE№BR0K3R༓༒☾
- French Street Artist Paints 3D Creature Graffiti And It’s Not For The Faint Of Heart