This Family Has Been Creating Beautiful Ice Trees Every Christmas, for Over 60 Years
Every year since 1961, the Veal family has been celebrating Christmas by creating their now-traditional giant ice tree on their property in Indianapolis, Indiana. It has become known as the Veal Ice Tree and is considered a seasonal tourist attraction.
If you’ve had enough of traditional Christmas trees and you’re looking for something more original, you’re going to love the Veal Ice Tree. It looks nothing like a tree, in fact no living trees have ever been used in the creation of this magnificent ice sculpture, but it became known as the ice tree a long time ago, and the name stuck.
It’s actually an ice-sculpture made by attaching water hoses to a wooden frame, turning the water on on freezing nights, and letting the weather mold the ice-sculpture into existence. The Veal Ice Tree goes up every year, or almost every year, and it always gets a lot of attention from locals.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Men’s Fashion 2021 Collection
- Teach Yourself to Draw with The Help of The Man Who Influenced Walt Disney, 1913
- “Gothic Times”: Artist Spends 14 Months Creating The Most Incredible Ghost Pirate Ship Sculpture
- Contrasting Portraits Show How A Smile Can Change Your Perception Of Someone
- Simple, Ingenious, And Amusing: Blackwork Tattoos By Ilya Brezinsk
- Employee Cleverly Trolls Her Boss Who Is Never Happy About The Way She’s Dressed For Work
- Brutal 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Touring Berlinetta
- Russian Janitor’s Mock GQ Photoshoot Pays Off
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Controversial Photos Inside The Homes Of Russia’s Ultrarich Show The Country’s Problem With Wealth Inequality