This Family Has Been Creating Beautiful Ice Trees Every Christmas, for Over 60 Years
Every year since 1961, the Veal family has been celebrating Christmas by creating their now-traditional giant ice tree on their property in Indianapolis, Indiana. It has become known as the Veal Ice Tree and is considered a seasonal tourist attraction.
If you’ve had enough of traditional Christmas trees and you’re looking for something more original, you’re going to love the Veal Ice Tree. It looks nothing like a tree, in fact no living trees have ever been used in the creation of this magnificent ice sculpture, but it became known as the ice tree a long time ago, and the name stuck.
It’s actually an ice-sculpture made by attaching water hoses to a wooden frame, turning the water on on freezing nights, and letting the weather mold the ice-sculpture into existence. The Veal Ice Tree goes up every year, or almost every year, and it always gets a lot of attention from locals.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Artist Paints In A Hyperrealistic Style And Some Of Her Works Look Like Photos, While Others Look Like Dreams
- “All Our Wrong Todays”: The Colossal Worlds Of Nicolas Bouvier
- Stunning Black and White Photos of Chicago in 1988
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- The Mind-Boggling Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawings By Alessandro Paglia
- This Home Baker’s Gorgeous Rye Bread Could Start A Revolution
- “Iconic Covers”: Russian Designer Represents Famous Album Covers as Icons
- The Stunning Art Of George Redreev
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953