Deepspot: World’s Deepest Diving Pool Opened in Poland
The deepest swimming pool in the world – the Deepspot in Poland – has now finally opened it’s doors and is greeting divers.
The Deepspot, situated close to Warsaw, Poland, is 45m / 148ft deep and has stolen the crown of deepest pool in the world from the Y-40 Deep Joy, which can be found in the northern Italian town of Montegrotto Terme and is 42m / 138 feet deep.
The impressive facility is a “kindergarten for divers” and the first photos and videos being posted on social media by the first scuba divers and freedivers at the pool are making us green with envy.
Przemyslaw Kacprzak, a 39-year-old diving instructor, could barely contain their excitement: “There are no magnificent fish or coral reefs here so it is no substitute for the sea but it is definitely a good place to learn and to train in order to dive safely in open water.”
Jerzy Nowacki, a 30-year-old forestry officer, and diving novice had this to say: “For my first time, we went down five meters but you can see all the way to the bottom – the wreck, the caves – it’s magnificent!”
The facility also has some impressive tunnels and features including this one that looks like it comes straight out of a Tomb Raider movie:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Beautiful Photographs By Brock Elbank In Tribute To Freckles