Satellite Image Shows Stricken Costa Concordia From Space
A new image has been released showing the half-submerged cruise ship Costa Concordia taken by the WorldView-1 satellite.
The 114,000 tonne cruise liner, which had 4,200 crew and passengers on board, has been slowly sinking after it hit a rock and capsized off the Tuscan island of Giglio. The death toll from the accident stands at 11, with a further 29 people still missing. The ship’s captain, Francesco Schettino, has been accused of manslaughter and abandoning ship while passengers were still trapped inside. He could face up to eight years in jail.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Honey, Where Are You?”: The Superb Horror and Nightmare Artworks of Alexander Solomin
- “Leotaurus”: The Epic Example of the Classic Russian Tyre Art
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- Artist Creates Mind-Blowing 3D Visuals on The Border of Cyber Culture and Mythology
- The 3D Digital Minimalist Architectural Artworks by Dani Miras
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Transmogrified Reality In Futuristic Design Works by Nusi Quero
- Amazing Black and White Winning Images of The WildArt POTY Monochrome Competition
- “Surveillance Society”: The Dark and Intrigue Digital Collages and Photo Works by Omi