New York Secret Rooftop World
Amazing aerial shots give you a view of city’s skyline as you’ve never seen it before. By Landsliders Aerial Photography.
Secret world: One of photographer Alex Maclean’s amazing aerial shots shows a block in Upper West Side.
Growing trend: A one acre urban farm in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens.
Guests at the city’s Standard Hotel enjoy the rooftop life.
Urban jungle: A multi-level rooftop garden overlooking Central Park in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
Artificial materials and pebbles make up the camouflage pattern on the roof at the Museum of Modern Art.
Transformation: The High Line, an elevated park in the sky built on top of the tracks of a disused railway, weaves its way through the city blocks.
Tudor City, Manhattan: A mid-rise apartment building topped with terrace gardens detailed with Tudor style flourishes.
Chocks away: A vintage bi-plane is pictured on the roof of 77 Water Street in the city’s financial district.
Chelsea, Manhattan: A Cool mural on a white roof above a gallery building in Chelsea.
Green living: A beautifully detailed high-rise terrace garden.
The School of the Future building at 127 East 22nd Street.
Manhattan: New roof terraces in various stages of construction are configured around headhouses, lightwells and water towers.
Aerosol Art Center: An outdoor art exhibit space in Long Island City. A Mecca for graffiti artists the world over.
A stunning selection of roof gardens above 166 Bank St.
Showpiece: The green roof above the Morgan mail processing facility, covers 109,000 square feet, or nearly 2.5 acres. During construction, approximately 90 percent of the original roof was recycled.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Life-Size 1964 Ford Mustang Recreated In Lego
- Apple To Create New UK Headquarters At London’s Battersea Power Station
- This Mind-Blowing Audi Truck Could Be The Future Of Big Rigs
- A Look Inside The Luxurious Boeing 747-8 VIP
- How The Pros Film Crocodiles Up Close
- Sharon Stone And Anton Rivas In “Dog Day Afternoon” Photoshoot (2012)
- French Florist Spends 15 Years Decorating His Shop With 800 Water Cans
- This Humble Little House Was Designed For A Chef To Live On The Coast Of Norway
- Sarah Mudle’s Creepy Makeup Art Will Give You Nightmares
- Meet Rava Ray, The Sexy Queen Of The Stingrays
- Simple And Clever Pictures That Perfectly Sum Up Every Day Life
- Mike Miller’s Photography Captures ’90s Hip-Hop And Lowrider Culture To The Fullest
- 2016 Nikon Small World Photo Contest Winners
- Photographer Mike Kelley Captures Air Traffic In A Way You’ve Never Seen Before
- Artist Shows Off The Fleeting Nature Of Beauty With Crumbling Portraits