New York Secret Rooftop World
Amazing aerial shots give you a view of city’s skyline as you’ve never seen it before. By Landsliders Aerial Photography.
Secret world: One of photographer Alex Maclean’s amazing aerial shots shows a block in Upper West Side.
Growing trend: A one acre urban farm in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens.
Guests at the city’s Standard Hotel enjoy the rooftop life.
Urban jungle: A multi-level rooftop garden overlooking Central Park in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
Artificial materials and pebbles make up the camouflage pattern on the roof at the Museum of Modern Art.
Transformation: The High Line, an elevated park in the sky built on top of the tracks of a disused railway, weaves its way through the city blocks.
Tudor City, Manhattan: A mid-rise apartment building topped with terrace gardens detailed with Tudor style flourishes.
Chocks away: A vintage bi-plane is pictured on the roof of 77 Water Street in the city’s financial district.
Chelsea, Manhattan: A Cool mural on a white roof above a gallery building in Chelsea.
Green living: A beautifully detailed high-rise terrace garden.
The School of the Future building at 127 East 22nd Street.
Manhattan: New roof terraces in various stages of construction are configured around headhouses, lightwells and water towers.
Aerosol Art Center: An outdoor art exhibit space in Long Island City. A Mecca for graffiti artists the world over.
A stunning selection of roof gardens above 166 Bank St.
Showpiece: The green roof above the Morgan mail processing facility, covers 109,000 square feet, or nearly 2.5 acres. During construction, approximately 90 percent of the original roof was recycled.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s Views today: 117,912 - Photography
- Creative Father Puts His 3 Adorable Daughters Into Funny, Eclectic Photo Manipulations Views today: 1,761 - Photography
- Animals That Look Like They’re About To Drop The Hottest Albums Ever Views today: 1,706 - Animals
- NASA Just Released Travel Posters For Our New Sister Solar System, And They’re Cool As Hell Views today: 973 - Inspirations
- Paper Models Of The Most Controversial Buildings Erected Behind The Iron Curtain Views today: 901 - Architecture
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 891 - Inspirations
- Stunning Photos Of Haile Selassie I, The Emperor Of Ethiopia Views today: 885 - Photography
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 725 - Photography
- These Intimate NSFW Fashion Dolls Are Handcrafted To Bare All Views today: 712 - Design
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London Views today: 530 - Inspirations
- This New Hair Dye Turns Humans Into Chameleons Views today: 448 - Technology
- Strange, Seductive And Surreal Erotic Photo Montages From 1920-30’s Vienna Views today: 419 - Photography
- Beautiful Photos Of Cuba In 1954 That Looks Like A Country Of Freedom Views today: 375 - Travel
- A Shelter Has Been Trying To Find A Home For This Cat For Over A Year Views today: 375 - Animals
- Miss Universe Contestants Prove Natural Beauty Is Better Than Artificial Beauty Views today: 304 - Inspirations
- The Nightmare That Was ‘His & Her’ Fashion Views today: 299 - Inspirations
- Edwardian Angels: The Pure Beauties From The 1900s Views today: 296 - Photography
- Pushing Photorealism To New Levels Of Beauty: Amazing Paintings By Yigal Ozeri Views today: 287 - Inspirations
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images Views today: 285 - Photography
- California’s Failed Utopia Views today: 277 - Travel