New York Secret Rooftop World
Amazing aerial shots give you a view of city’s skyline as you’ve never seen it before. By Landsliders Aerial Photography.
Secret world: One of photographer Alex Maclean’s amazing aerial shots shows a block in Upper West Side.
Growing trend: A one acre urban farm in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens.
Guests at the city’s Standard Hotel enjoy the rooftop life.
Urban jungle: A multi-level rooftop garden overlooking Central Park in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
Artificial materials and pebbles make up the camouflage pattern on the roof at the Museum of Modern Art.
Transformation: The High Line, an elevated park in the sky built on top of the tracks of a disused railway, weaves its way through the city blocks.
Tudor City, Manhattan: A mid-rise apartment building topped with terrace gardens detailed with Tudor style flourishes.
Chocks away: A vintage bi-plane is pictured on the roof of 77 Water Street in the city’s financial district.
Chelsea, Manhattan: A Cool mural on a white roof above a gallery building in Chelsea.
Green living: A beautifully detailed high-rise terrace garden.
The School of the Future building at 127 East 22nd Street.
Manhattan: New roof terraces in various stages of construction are configured around headhouses, lightwells and water towers.
Aerosol Art Center: An outdoor art exhibit space in Long Island City. A Mecca for graffiti artists the world over.
A stunning selection of roof gardens above 166 Bank St.
Showpiece: The green roof above the Morgan mail processing facility, covers 109,000 square feet, or nearly 2.5 acres. During construction, approximately 90 percent of the original roof was recycled.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist’s Incredible Hand-Painted Clay Sculptures Look Like Whimsical Illustrations
- Russian Artist Creates Dolls That Look Disturbingly Real
- Dutch Prisons Become Welcoming Homes For Refugees
- There’s A ‘Sloth Institute’ Which Looks After Baby Sloths That Lost Their Moms
- Embrace Your Love Of Pizza With These Glorious Photos
- Bring The Beat Back: Youth Culture And Energy Of The 80s New York
- From The Outside To Nowhere: Surreal, Depressive And Outstanding Digital Artworks By Dmitry Bogolyubov
- The Orphans Of Mother Russia: An Intimate Look At The Daily Life In The Ancient City Of Pskov
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- The Wonderful Village Without Roads That You Wish You Never Had To Leave
- This 17-Year-Old Girl Can Easily Recreate Any Vintage Look
- Cool Bookmarks For Cool People Who Love Books
- This Planter And Lamp Might Save Your Life In An Earthquake
- Bloody Boudoir Ladies By Jessica Harrison
- When Does Food Cross The Line And Become Art?