New York Secret Rooftop World
Amazing aerial shots give you a view of city’s skyline as you’ve never seen it before. By Landsliders Aerial Photography.
Secret world: One of photographer Alex Maclean’s amazing aerial shots shows a block in Upper West Side.
Growing trend: A one acre urban farm in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens.
Guests at the city’s Standard Hotel enjoy the rooftop life.
Urban jungle: A multi-level rooftop garden overlooking Central Park in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
Artificial materials and pebbles make up the camouflage pattern on the roof at the Museum of Modern Art.
Transformation: The High Line, an elevated park in the sky built on top of the tracks of a disused railway, weaves its way through the city blocks.
Tudor City, Manhattan: A mid-rise apartment building topped with terrace gardens detailed with Tudor style flourishes.
Chocks away: A vintage bi-plane is pictured on the roof of 77 Water Street in the city’s financial district.
Chelsea, Manhattan: A Cool mural on a white roof above a gallery building in Chelsea.
Green living: A beautifully detailed high-rise terrace garden.
The School of the Future building at 127 East 22nd Street.
Manhattan: New roof terraces in various stages of construction are configured around headhouses, lightwells and water towers.
Aerosol Art Center: An outdoor art exhibit space in Long Island City. A Mecca for graffiti artists the world over.
A stunning selection of roof gardens above 166 Bank St.
Showpiece: The green roof above the Morgan mail processing facility, covers 109,000 square feet, or nearly 2.5 acres. During construction, approximately 90 percent of the original roof was recycled.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Woman Flawlessly Retakes Her Study Abroad Photos, 30 Years Later
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- More Than 4,000 Photographs From The D-Day Invasion Of Normandy Are Now Available Online
- Toilet Timer: The Anatomically Significant Sand Timer For Procrastinators
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- A Look Back At Playboy Bunny Girls
- Bees Under The Macro Lens
- “Geometric Variants”, An Optical Illusion Photography Project By Erika Zolli
- Japanese Artist Nobuhiro Nakanishi Creates Fantastic Layered Drawings
- When A Glimpse Of Stocking Was Something Shocking: Vintage NSFW Postcards Of 1920’s Flappers
- Creative Mom Paints On Skylight To Make Her Daughter Go To Kindergarten Class
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Stylish Vintage Photos From The Stock Photography Agencies In The 1970s
- Stunning Digital Surreal Art By Mikhail Batrak
- Photographer Kourtney Roy Makes Eerie Self-Portraits In Desolate Yet Dramatic Locations
- The Explosive And Twisted Illustrations By Mike Hughes
- Welcome To Heimat: An Enchanted NSFW Trip Through Bavaria With Photographer Ellen Von Unwerth
- McDonald’s Launches New Clothing Line
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- The Fantastically Sculptural Architecture Of Cyril Lancelin
- Chinese Airline’s New Haute Couture Uniforms Puts Other Airlines To Shame
- This Woman Has Dedicated Her Life To Taking Pictures Of The Oldest Trees On The Planet
- Artist Gianluca Gimini Reinterprets Vintage Italian Brands As Sneakers
- Taipei Subway Cars Have Been Decorated To Simulate Various Sports Venues During The Coming Universiade In Taiwan