Shocking Photographs Of People Lying In 7 Days Worth Of Their Trash
We are all aware of the global pollution problem, but hardly anyone realizes just how much trash we produce daily. Gregg Segal, a photographer from California, aims to show this problem through powerful imagery, photographing people lying in their weekly load of trash. His ongoing project cleverly called “7 Days of Garbage” tries to portray people from different social backgrounds to reach largest audience possible .
Segal decided to photograph the participants in front of naturalistic backgrounds to show that the garbage produced by us is effecting it directly.
“Obviously, the series is guiding people toward a confrontation with the excess that’s part of their lives. I’m hoping they recognize a lot of the garbage they produce is unnecessary”, he said to Slate.
Some of the participants were too ashamed of how much garbage they produced weekly, so they edited their garbage bags. Others showed everything just the way it was resulting in nasty and very strong images, which you can see here.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Sensual And Dreamy NSFW Feminine Photography By Ilona Shevchishina
- Chilling Look At The Ordinary Cars ISIS Have Transformed Into ‘Mad Max’ Deadly Bombs
- More Than 4,000 Photographs From The D-Day Invasion Of Normandy Are Now Available Online
- A Look Back At Playboy Bunny Girls
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Welcome To Heimat: An Enchanted NSFW Trip Through Bavaria With Photographer Ellen Von Unwerth
- When LIFE Magazine Received Pics Of Still-Unknown Marilyn Monroe, They Replied “WTH Is Marilyn Monroe”
- Guy Paints Over Shit Graffiti And Makes It Legible
- “Rebels Without A Pause” – Intimate Portraits Of Britain’s Aging Rebels And Mavericks
- Woman Flawlessly Retakes Her Study Abroad Photos, 30 Years Later
- 80’s Young Fashion: Color Photos Of US Teen Girls During The 1980s
- Dive In And Join The Chaos – If You Can Find Any Water Left In These Crowded Swimming Pools
- Amazing ‘Before’ And ‘After’ Photos: Make-Up Artist Transforms A Face Without The Use Of Photoshop
- The ‘Real’ New York: Gritty Scenes Of NYC Street Life In The 1970s
- Bees Under The Macro Lens
- Colombian Daredevil Dog Skydives For Military Training
- “Geometric Variants”, An Optical Illusion Photography Project By Erika Zolli
- Japanese Artist Nobuhiro Nakanishi Creates Fantastic Layered Drawings
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- The Explosive And Twisted Illustrations By Mike Hughes
- Cultural Torture: An Offensive And Ironic Guide To Pissing People Off In Their Own Countries
- Stunning Digital Surreal Art By Mikhail Batrak
- Chinese Village Turns Artsy With Murals
- Meet Light Ragaz, A Spectacular 3D Projection Onto Natural Environment