Then-and-Now Photos of Abandoned Detroit School
To “raise awareness of the social and economic challenges the city of Detroit,” the folks at Detroiturbex decided to tell the story about an abandoned Lewis Cass Technical High School with the help of superimposed then-and-now photos. First, they photographed every room the old Detroit school, which was abandoned after a 2007 fire. Then they put the pictures of the buzzing life from the past on top of them.
These sad pictures are a mirror of today’s Detroit. The city has suffered tremendous population increases and then rapid declines. Today, Detroit is designed for 2 million people, however, less than 1/3 or ~ 700 thousands have remained in the city. The infrastructure, built at the time of the population boom, stands abandoned, run down and an easy target for arsonists.
The city is in need of the change, and such projects definitely bring it one step closer.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Amusing Illustrations That Share Insights About Everyday Life And Psychology
- “Phantasmagoric Ecstasy”: The Superb Collage Artworks of Michelle Concetta
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Illustrator Creates Posters With Deep And Hidden Meanings
- Artist Who Turned To Painting After Finishing Her Studies In Radiation Chemistry