A World Of 80s Style: Photographs Documented British Teenage Courtship At North England’s First Disco Pub
These photographs were taken by Tom Wood at the Chelsea Reach Nightclub in New Brighton. They belong to a prolonged period of visual negotiation between Wood, the immediate community and the wider environs of Merseyside. Girls and boys on the pull are unaware of his tactful lens, as they flirt, drink, letch, snog, and dance the night away…
Although most were taken between 1984 and 1987, Wood began photographing in the area in 1978 and by the time he started working at the club either knew or recognized by sight, many of its clientele.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The World Sports Photography Awards 2020
- This 16-Year-Old Vegan Teenager Turns His Food Into Stunning Art
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Brilliant Book Dedications