A World Of 80s Style: Photographs Documented British Teenage Courtship At North England’s First Disco Pub
These photographs were taken by Tom Wood at the Chelsea Reach Nightclub in New Brighton. They belong to a prolonged period of visual negotiation between Wood, the immediate community and the wider environs of Merseyside. Girls and boys on the pull are unaware of his tactful lens, as they flirt, drink, letch, snog, and dance the night away…
Although most were taken between 1984 and 1987, Wood began photographing in the area in 1978 and by the time he started working at the club either knew or recognized by sight, many of its clientele.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Candid Snapshots Capture Everyday Life Of Vancouver Youth In The 1970s
- Zombie Gnomes Are A Perfect Way To Keep Everyone From Your Lawn
- Cool Pics Of 20 Great ’80s Classic Cars That Time Forgot
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- The Sky Swimming Pool At This Hotel Has A Window In It
- This Man And His Cat Recreate Famous Movie Scenes And It’s Amazing!
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s