A World Of 80s Style: Photographs Documented British Teenage Courtship At North England’s First Disco Pub
These photographs were taken by Tom Wood at the Chelsea Reach Nightclub in New Brighton. They belong to a prolonged period of visual negotiation between Wood, the immediate community and the wider environs of Merseyside. Girls and boys on the pull are unaware of his tactful lens, as they flirt, drink, letch, snog, and dance the night away…
Although most were taken between 1984 and 1987, Wood began photographing in the area in 1978 and by the time he started working at the club either knew or recognized by sight, many of its clientele.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Dad And Daughter Recreates Iconic Scenes From 73 Famous Movies And TV Series
- Kazakh Bodybuilder Yuri Tolochko To Marry His Life-Like Sex Doll ‘Margo’
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People
- Medieval Visions of Hell, Satan, Demons And Cabbalistic Signs From A 1775 Compendium Of Horrors
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove