Russian Motor-Head Creates Perfect Life-Size Motorcycle Out of Wood
Yuri Hvtisishvili, a carpenter from Russia, has created an astoundingly perfect wooden replica of the legendary IZH-49 Soviet motorcycle. The life-size model is so realistic that you’d expect him to mount it and take off at any moment.
The idea for the project came to Yuri earlier this year, when business was slow at the carpentry shop where he works. He wanted to attempt something new and different, and that’s when he remembered something he saw on the internet – a master carpenter who had made full-scale models of motorcycles from wood. The idea inspired him, so he decided to replicate his favorite Russian motorcycle, the IZH-49.
Yuri started to work on the project on January 18; it was the perfect activity to pass his time during the long winter evenings. He patiently carved out the motorcycle one part at a time, down to the last nut and bolt. He made use of two types of wood – beech and pine – mainly for the way they complement each other. Four months later, on May 18, the hyperrealistic motorcycle was completed.
It’s amazing how Yuri managed to get everything right – the bike seat, the tank, the headlamp and especially the tyres look like the real thing, even though it’s made exclusively of wood. When he published pictures of his finished work on the Russian social networking website ‘Vkontakte’, they immediately went viral. People raved about his superior carving skills and praising the realistic look of his wooden motorcycle.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Polish Designer Livia Clue Bringing Slavic Ethno Into Modern Fashion, It’s Great!
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- Turkish Artist Abdullah Evindar Creates Fantastic Surreal Silhouette Photo Collages
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- “Wilhelm Brasse’ Mugshots”: Photographer Took Up To 50,000 Chilling Photos In Auschwitz For The Nazis During World War II
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?