20 Weirdest Images on Google Street View
1. Japan’s pigeon heads
In Japan, these pigeon role-players were waiting outside as the Google car passed by. Role-playing is cool and all but, not sure why anyone would to be one of the dirtiest birds ever.
It’s no secret that Google Maps and its street view option is a super advanced way of getting around. You can really see whatever you want in the tool from anywhere in the world— even storefronts and people walking around (yes, Fahrenheit 451 may have predicted this). So far, Google says it has gathered over 20 petabytes of data since it began Street View, so users were bound to find some really unusual things. Warning: some of these images might make you question what goes on in your neighborhood back alley…
h/t: Jon Rafman and Google Images
2. Large gun pointing at the street from Detroit porch
This scene was caught on camera by the Google car, and it happened to be the same house that a 17-month-old was found dead at, months earlier.
3. Scenes from the next Book of Eli movie
Not sure what exactly is going on here, and, not sure if we want to know.
4. Baby outside Gucci
World’s trendiest, abandoned child?
5. The alien from Nancy, France
This scene was spotted a couple years ago on Google Street View in Nancy outside an apartment complex. Apparently, the weird emancipated image was some sort of tiki statue, but Google went to lengths to blur out the image after hundreds of users reported the weird alien.
6. Pick-up truck arrest
Worst way to end up on Google, ever.
7. Bloody deck in Netherlands
When this image was found on Street View and posted to Reddit, it sent the media into a panic. But, what looks like red blood is actually water that was dragged along by a dog after it went for a swim with its owner.
8. Creepy masked people round two
There seems to be a common theme here.
9. Hippie alien
It’s not just any alien — its one that likes tie-dye, flowers and retro bandanas.
10. A potential prostitute and her client
This occurred in Manchester Alley in England. Even though we aren’t sure if this woman is actually a prostitute, you can pretty much guess what is going on in this photo. Kudos if it’s a couple just trying to spice things up — sorry for your bad timing.
11. A potential armed robbery
No one is entirely sure where this image was taken, but we would really, really like to hear from the dude in the back witnessing this go down. Apparently not everyone likes the Google Street car.
12. Another plane crash?
No — for once this isn’t a real one. This was found on Google Street view and it happened to be part of the set for NBC’s 2009 show Trauma. Sorry CNN, this isn’t any new plane coverage for you.
13. Two scuba divers and a Triton sword
According to some Google Street drivers, there are a ton of people who put on elaborate hoaxes in front of the camera in an attempt to well, end up on lists like this.
14. Prison Break
Escaped prisoner running for freedom? Orange jumpsuit enthusiast? We’ll let you decide.
15. No, this isn’t the zoo
We are hoping that tiger is a life-like figurine and not the real deal, at least for the sake of nearby pedestrians.
16. Possible drug deal
A large weapon, business attire and two dudes who are potentially Russian — of course this is exactly what it looks like.
17. Burning VW van
It’s either the worst day for this shirtless guy on the right or he is now freed from driving around a crappy VW van.
18. Real life Matrix
Obviously this was probably just a glitch with the camera but, still effortlessly creepy.
19. Medieval knight
A scene from Princess Bride? Sherriff of Nottingham? No one will ever know.
20. Party Time, Excellent
Just Wayne and Garth out for a stroll.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Fabulous Portrait Photos of Celebrities Taken by Patrick Lichfield
- The Fantastic, Beautiful and Colorful Mosaic Portraits by Charis Tsevis
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- Spectacular Winning Photos of 2021 Epson International Pano Awards
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Artists Combine Classical Paintings And Halloween Pop Culture
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969