Female Artists Are Being Completely Removed From Their Own Album Covers In Iran
Lady Gaga — Joanne
Pop icons are being removed from their own single and album covers in Iran, simply because they are women. Now their stans are reacting to the censored albums on social media.
The Twitter account Pop Crave, which dishes out all the latest pop culture news for the Twitter-verse, pointed out the censorship in a now-viral tweet.
Fan bases on Twitter are reacting to Iranian music streaming platform censoring women from album/single covers. pic.twitter.com/372oTOXQiA
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) September 29, 2019
The post features some of the most recognizable albums, so recognizable, in fact, that it’s easy to distinguish which albums they are even with a major missing component: the female artists who usually inhabit the fronts of them.
Twitter user @IzzRaifHarz was one of the first to post about the edited covers across Melovaz that included several examples where the albums were missing their central figures, including Camila Cabello, Taylor Swift, and Beyoncé, sometimes featuring smoke or blurs in their place. Others like Lana del Rey’s appearance on her album cover was also scrubbed, but the male figure was left seemingly unedited.
Look at this atrocity askjskjkss. Even Twice is not safe from being erased lmao pic.twitter.com/kbFTlX6Hjs
— izzi (@IzzRaifHarz) September 29, 2019
One quick glance over the site shows dozens of male artists featured on the site’s homepage unedited, while female artists are missing from the covers of playlists and albums listed under their names.
Lana Del Rey — The Greatest
Nicki Minaj — Queen
Miley Cyrus — She Is Coming
Camila Cabello — Liar
Billie Eilish — When We All Fall Asleep
Normani — Motivation
Taylor Swift — ShuYou Need To Calm Down
Hailee Steinfeld — Afterlife
Iggy Azalea — In my defense
Saweetie — Icy
Mariah Carey — A No No
Bebe Rexha — Last Hurrah
Marina — Love fear
Little Mix — Bounce back
Katy Perry — Small talk
Ciara — Beauty Marks
Tove Lo — Sunshine Kitty
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Photorealistic Renders Look Like Real Photos Taken with An Old Camera
- As The Standard Of The World Turns: Lovely Photos Of 1965 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
- The ’80s Hairdos: One of the Sexiest Hairstyles of All Time
- This Is What Peacock Feathers Look Like Under A Microscope
- The Mind-Boggling Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawings By Alessandro Paglia
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- This Artist Recreates John Wick Scenes With Miniature Figures
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- Photographer Travels Across Russia and Captures Forgotten Artefacts Of The Post-Soviet Era
- Spectacular Winning Images of The 2021 World Press Photo Contest