This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
For many kids, getting a McDonald’s on a long drive would be the ultimate treat. And if you grew up in or around Cambridgeshire in the 1990s, you’ll probably remember getting a Happy Meal at the spaceship McDonald’s just off the A1 at Alconbury, near Huntingdon.
Originally built in 1990 as a Megatron, the restaurant was going to be the first of many in the chain. But the plans never happened, and instead the building became a McDonald’s in 1993.
The UFO Maccies sadly closed in 2000 due to soaring maintenance costs. It then remained empty for a number of years before it was demolished in 2008.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- 18 Astoundingly Accurate Diagrams Showing What It’s Really Like To Be An Introvert
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Beautiful Portraits of Highland Park High School Teenage Girls, 1947
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- These Photographs Of Fathers And Their Sons Reveal The Full Wonder Of Human Genes