Teacher Shares Photos Of A Backpack A Father Made For His Son Because He Wanted To Save Money
Getting an education is one of the most important milestones of a child’s life which has a crucial role in determining a child’s future. However, according to the United Nations, almost 60 million primary school-aged children aren’t in school. One of the most common reasons is poverty. There are many children throughout the world, who, instead of going to school, have to work to support their families, collect water or look after their siblings.
To help kids get a better future, parents do their best in supporting their children’s pursuit of education. Recently, one exemplary parent became viral for his efforts. When five-year-old NY Keng from Cambodia started going to a new school, his teacher Sophous Suon couldn’t help but notice his original backpack.
She told Bored Panda that a simple school bag cost 30000 riels ($7) in her area and there are parents who are struggling to afford them. However, NY Keng’s father who works as a farmer, decided to save money on a school bag and resorted to a much more creative option.
Using the last bits of raffia string, he weaved a beautiful blue backpack. Once Suon posted the photos of the schoolbag, it quickly went viral. People were impressed by the father’s dedication and creativity.
“People said that it’s heartwarming, touching, cool and creative father, love this bag,” said the teacher.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Wonder Of Illustrating Perpetual Movement in Space From A 1875 Astronomy Book
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Slinningsbålet: The Battle For The Biggest Bonfire In The World
- Absolutely Superb Ground Meat Sculptures by Kieran Gormley
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Wellcome Photography Prize 2021