There Has Been A Dead Cockroach In The Anthropology Building’s Stairwell For At Least Two Weeks. Some Enterprising Person Has Now Made Her A Little Shrine.
A professor at Texas A&M University posted these photos to Facebook.
“There has been a dead cockroach in the Anthropology building’s stairwell for at least two weeks.. Some enterprising person has now made her a little shrine.”
Note the clip.
Later that day…
More tributes that afternoon. Some flowers and notes, coins, and a Band-Aid.
“There is a candle now and a little coffin for the carcass… And for the record, I had nothing to do with the genesis of this memorial.”
The tributes continue to flow. A lollipop, bottlecaps and a cigarette.
“Somebody built a funeral pyre.”
The Post-It on the wall reads,
“You were always there to say hello to me in the morning, Rosie! We will miss you.”
The sign above:
“Rosie the Roach will be with us until Tuesday, December 14th when a celebration of her life will be conducted. Food and drinks will be served in the main office during the afternoon.”
Rosie’s popularity grew, and she was allowed to lay in state for a while longer than originally anticipated.
More words: “Here lies Rosie, a free roach.”
A generous soul left a joint on the funeral pyre. Someone built a tiny cairn. Can’t identify the currencies of the paper monies left.
More testimonials and poetry.
“They cremated the roach this afternoon…”
Vale, Rosie. h/t: imgur
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- New Bronze Melania Trump Statue Unveiled in Slovenia After Original Was Set on Fire
- Beautiful Monica Bellucci And Her Never-Before-Seen Pictures
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Face of 4000-Year-Old Dog Revealed by Forensic Reconstruction
- “40p Static Movie – Bullet Speed”: Insane Action Photoshoot by Chen Zhun for FHM China
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Russian Stylist Gives 35 People Extreme Makeovers And You’ll Hardly Believe They’re The Same People
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson