This Guy Has Built A Hobbit House In His Backyard
30-year-old Ashley Yeates is not a hobbit. The Bedford, England, is a design and construction expert that’s much too big to be a hobbit, although rumor has it his feet might be just as hairy–but despite these shortcomings, he decided to build a “hobbit hole” in his garden, a project that took almost a year to complete. After a tree died in the yard, he decided a hole was just the thing to take its place!
Many readers have commented that the structure will suffer from water damage. Yeates explains the waterproofing procedure on his blog:
“We created a strong internal wooden frame which was hugely over-engineered…The corrugated iron was used to seal everything in and the panels were all seam welded from top to bottom once in position and then finished with plenty of waterproof barriers. The base concreted with waterproofer and finished with further waterproofing and finally a levelling compound so there was a lovely clean finish inside.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Terrifying Plush Toys by Anna Sternik
- Want to Take Your Pet Fish for a Walk? There’s a Bag for That!
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati