Hilarious Comics With Unexpected Endings By War And Peas
“War and Peas” is made by a two-headed squad hailing from the German-French border town Saarbrücken. Jonathan Kunz works as a lecturer at the local art school and Elizabeth Pich works as a freelance comic artist. Since 2011 they joined forces to publish comics together on the internet. Their comics often deal with unfulfilled desires and the tragedy of the modern human condition, featuring such characters as sassy robots, woeful ghosts, and highly-skilled dogs.
Their stories concentrate on observations of everyday life, with a pinch of black humour, often leading to a trenchant plot twist – and all in a four-panel-format. They encounter their characters with tenderness, at the same time focusing on their loneliness and hopeless inadequacy. Still highly underestimated in Germany, Pich and Kunz publish a new strip every week in a stoic calm, conquering the hearts of the international webcomic scene and making “War and Peas” to one of the most exciting and funniest webcomics in the world.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Japanese Guy Absolutely Nails Anime Girl Cosplay, from Evangelion to Sailor Moon
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Medieval Visions of Hell, Satan, Demons And Cabbalistic Signs From A 1775 Compendium Of Horrors
- This Man Photoshops Himself Into Series Of Hilarious Scenarios With Celebrities
- Photographer Albert Dros Captures Beautiful Rural Landscapes of the Netherlands
- Incredible Technologies From The Past That Just Look Odd Today
- “Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden