Hilarious Comics With Unexpected Endings By War And Peas
“War and Peas” is made by a two-headed squad hailing from the German-French border town Saarbrücken. Jonathan Kunz works as a lecturer at the local art school and Elizabeth Pich works as a freelance comic artist. Since 2011 they joined forces to publish comics together on the internet. Their comics often deal with unfulfilled desires and the tragedy of the modern human condition, featuring such characters as sassy robots, woeful ghosts, and highly-skilled dogs.
Their stories concentrate on observations of everyday life, with a pinch of black humour, often leading to a trenchant plot twist – and all in a four-panel-format. They encounter their characters with tenderness, at the same time focusing on their loneliness and hopeless inadequacy. Still highly underestimated in Germany, Pich and Kunz publish a new strip every week in a stoic calm, conquering the hearts of the international webcomic scene and making “War and Peas” to one of the most exciting and funniest webcomics in the world.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Vintage Photos of Ugly Restaurants in the USA From the Mid-20th Century
- This Artist Crerates Provocative and Bizarre Photo Manipulations
- Netherworlds: The Fantastic Worlds of John Pak
- Raul Moreno Coslado’s Grotesque Portraits and Illustrations
- Alex Eckman-Lawn’s Surreal Layered Artworks
- 50 Times Adults Decided To Have Some Fun In These Museums And Art Galleries
- Russian Artist Creates Superb Snowy Street Art and Installations
- This Artist Draws 100 Grumpy Animals