Hilarious Comics With Unexpected Endings By War And Peas
“War and Peas” is made by a two-headed squad hailing from the German-French border town Saarbrücken. Jonathan Kunz works as a lecturer at the local art school and Elizabeth Pich works as a freelance comic artist. Since 2011 they joined forces to publish comics together on the internet. Their comics often deal with unfulfilled desires and the tragedy of the modern human condition, featuring such characters as sassy robots, woeful ghosts, and highly-skilled dogs.
Their stories concentrate on observations of everyday life, with a pinch of black humour, often leading to a trenchant plot twist – and all in a four-panel-format. They encounter their characters with tenderness, at the same time focusing on their loneliness and hopeless inadequacy. Still highly underestimated in Germany, Pich and Kunz publish a new strip every week in a stoic calm, conquering the hearts of the international webcomic scene and making “War and Peas” to one of the most exciting and funniest webcomics in the world.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Japanese Photographer Captures Breathtaking Shots of Shrine in A Swirling Sea of Fireflies
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- This Egyptian Photographer’s Series on the Giza Pyramids is Absolutely Breathtaking
- World Sports Photography Awards 2021: The Best Sports Photos Captured Over the Past 25 Years
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Phosphorescent Glass Sculptures Illuminate in Presence of People
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Human Salt Lick – The Most Hipster Christmas Gift Of All Time