Awkward Christian Music Album Covers
The digital music revolution has, for the most part, been great for music fans. But even though listening to music online costs less and gives you access to millions and millions of songs you might not otherwise hear, one thing has sadly been lost in the streaming era: Appreciation for incredible album art.
Sure, we still see tiny thumbnail images of singles and LP album covers displayed next to the song streaming on our iPhones, but it’s just not the same as regularly examining album covers in all of their visual glory. In the world of Christian music, where many artists used the cover to blend spiritual metaphors with airbrushed supernatural entities, inspired outfits and creative font selections, there is truly something that modern music fans are missing.
And though some have attempted to compile lists of great Christian album artwork, we’ve decided to rank them—definitively—to inspire a new generation of artists not to neglect such an essential part of the album creation process.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On Design You Trust:
- Living La Dolce Vita: Vintage Photos Show How Idyllic Italy Was In The 1980s
- Head Back To The 80s With Chris Mcveigh’s LEGO Retro Desk Kits
- Spanish Designer Fernando Abellanas Works In A Secret Studio Right Under The Bridge
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- Can You Spot Yourself In These Designer Stereotypes?
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Scary Potter – Terrifying Alternative Posters For The Harry Potter Movies
- Kids Will Be Kids! James Nathaniel Likes To Turn People Into Children By Making Their Heads Bigger.
- The Very Badass Digital Art By Liana Anatolevich
- Illustrator Yaoyao Ma Van As Perfectly Captures The Happiness Of Living Alone
- “Secret Window, Secret Garden”: Dreamlike Photography By Shaina Sterrett
- Art In The Shadows: Artist Damon Belanger Enlivens City With Serendipitous Paintwork
- Craziest Swimsuits To Hit The Beach This Summer
- Beautiful 1980s Portraits Capture The Vibrant Residents Of A Single East Berlin Street
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages
- Ohio Youth Of The 1970s – Lovely Photos Of Long-Haired Teenage Girls In Dayton From 1974-75
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Photographer Creates Spellbinding Photos Of Meals From Classic Books
- Stunning Construction Photos Of Zaha Hadid Architects’ Leeza SOHO Tower And Its Record-Setting Atrium
- An Imagination That Looks Great On Paper: The Creative Mind Of Lily Seika Jones
- Chinese Artist Creates Creepy Celebrity Portraits Made From Other People’s Faces
- These Weird Clocks Use Human Faces To Display The Time
- Casual NSFW Sculptures Show Women Getting Cozy In Themselves