Struggling To Come To Terms With Being An Adult? ABC For Adults Can Help!
Children’s ABC books in the 1970s taught us about a warm and innocent world through wonderful hand-painted imagery of animals, toys and quaint household objects. Unfortunately, we all grew up and became paranoid, cynical adults filled with fear and hatred. But don’t despair, this new book will help guide you and your family through this difficult phase of your existence.
It parodies the classic ABC books from yesteryear, twisting the meaning of innocent childlike words into hysterically funny yet terrifying adult themes. Each page is beautifully illustrated by award winning artist Toby Leigh in the exact same whimsical style as the original children’s books from the 1970s.
Should you decide to purchase ABC for adults, it is recommended that you read and practice the words in the book as often as possible in order to nurture a well-formed pessimistic and angry outlook.
Artist Toby Leigh has created his own version of ABC books, painted in the same style, but with the seemingly innocent words – Apple, Dog, Queen, and so on – twisted into sinister adult themes. Leigh is currently using the crowdfunded publishing tool Unbound to raise the funds to put the book out, which should be seeing the light of day sometime in the nearest future.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- “One Day with Salvador Dalí”: A Surreal Photo Shoot of Salvador Dalì in His Seaside Villa, 1955
- “So Many Tons of Democracy Waiting to Get Delivered”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Artworks of Ronan Le Fur
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Indonesian Man Creates a ‘Bionic Arm’ from Scrap Metal
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Artist Imagines How Pop Culture Characters Would Look If They Were Saints