Fascinating Photos Of A Frozen Niagara Falls Taken This Year
As winter descends upon North America, the tourist crowds at Niagara Falls thin and the landscape transforms.
3,000 tons of still flow over the edge during every minute that passes, but in winter, some of that water ends up hardening into ice. Little by little, if the temperature stays low enough, the waterfall will eventually grow a thin shell of ice.
Though the falls will likely never freeze into a solid mass of stationary ice, it’s not uncommon for the area below the falls to grow a sturdy “ice bridge” due to accumulated spray from the falls. According to history, the bridge used to freeze so solidly that visitors could walk between the US and Canada and vendors would even set up stalls on it.
Continuing with our Winter enjoyment, we went to Niagara Falls today. Due to the extreme cold, the ice formations were incredible! I think I prefer the beauty of the falls in the winter more than in the summer. Here are some of my favourite shots. . #niagarafalls #niagara #ontario #canada #hobbyphotographer #winter #ice #photography
A rare look of #niagrafalls in winter time. Freezing water particles on surrounding create beautiful frozen scenery #winterwonderland #winter #frozenniagarafalls #frozenniagara #frozenniagrafalls #niagrafallscanada #niagrafallsusa #winterniagarafalls #winterniagara #frozenfalls #canada #frozen #snow #breathtaking #canon #happynewyear2018
Though known for its hundreds of acres of lush terrain and trails conducive to hiking, Niagara Falls State Park boasts equally stunning views even as temperatures drop and crowds thin. Right now, the Falls are completely coated in ice — and absolutely jaw-dropping. More than 3,000 tons of water flows over the Falls every second. Sometimes the ice over the Niagara River at the base of the falls gets so thick that people have been known to build concession stands across it or walk back and forth between the U.S. and Canada. Photos by Aaron Lynett/The Canadian Press via AP
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Guy Hilariously Captions The Weirdest Construction Fails He Finds
- Alice In Wonderland Re-Imagined With Japanese Artwork: Gorgeous Watercolor
- This Artist Uses Emojis To Create Images Of Female Nipples So She Can Bypass Instagram’s Ban On Nudity
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Futuristic Images Of Tokyo Which Trapped Two Photographers
- In An Old Village In Southern Bavaria, A Unique Ancient Pagan Tradition Is Still Alive
- Yokai Horrors From The 18th Century Bakemono Zukushi Scroll – The Nightmarish, Curious And Rather Cute Demons Were Created In The Edo Period
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- Girl Draws Self-Portraits Before And During LSD High