Before LOLCat, There Were The Felines Featured In “Kittens And Cats: A First Reader”
Before LOLCat, Grumpy Cat, Longcat, Nyan Cat, before all the famed kitties of the internet age, before the modern computer was but a glint in Mother Turing’s eye, there were the felines featured in the 1911 book, Kittens and Cats: A First Reader.
The book is a fantastical collection of eerily dressed feline, along with captions on each portrait. In the pages, we meet “Queen Cat”, “Party Cat”, Hero Cat”, Dunce Cat”, and more, taken by animal photographer Harry Whittier Frees. What’s interesting is how Frees managed to photograph the cats in such poses, since cameras of then didn’t have quick shutter speeds.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- This Lithuanian Woman Has The Greatest Facebook Profile Pictures Ever
- Hilarious Childhood Hairstyles From The 1980s And Early ’90s You’ve Ever Seen
- Photographer Forms Landscapes Using Just Human Bodies And The Result Looks Majestic
- Photographer Michal Zahornacky Creates Minimalistic Architectural Collages Inspired By The Current Pandemic Situation
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- Photo vs Art: Russian Artist Turns Celebrities Into Adorable Cartoon Characters
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- This Dude Keeps Protesting Annoying Everyday Things With Funny Signs