Before LOLCat, There Were The Felines Featured In “Kittens And Cats: A First Reader”
Before LOLCat, Grumpy Cat, Longcat, Nyan Cat, before all the famed kitties of the internet age, before the modern computer was but a glint in Mother Turing’s eye, there were the felines featured in the 1911 book, Kittens and Cats: A First Reader.
The book is a fantastical collection of eerily dressed feline, along with captions on each portrait. In the pages, we meet “Queen Cat”, “Party Cat”, Hero Cat”, Dunce Cat”, and more, taken by animal photographer Harry Whittier Frees. What’s interesting is how Frees managed to photograph the cats in such poses, since cameras of then didn’t have quick shutter speeds.
- This Black Guy Drew What It Was Like Being The Only Black Man In A White Office In The 60s, And It’s Worse Than You Think
- Fascinating Photo Manipulations And Advertising Photography By Christophe Huet
- The Funniest Finalists For Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2018
- Superb Creative Photography Of Arthur Mebius
- Indonesian Designer Combines Unlikely Pairs Of Things To Create Clever Logos
- Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
- Marvelous Portraits Of Beautiful Russian Women By Sergey Shatskov
- Artist Mario Unger Spends 3000 Hours To Colorize Old Black & White Photos Of Famous People
- Hilarious Questions Posed To The New York Public Library Pre-Internet
- Street Artist Try To Show How Much We Lose Because We Close Our Eyes, On Others Tragedy