Before LOLCat, There Were The Felines Featured In “Kittens And Cats: A First Reader”
Before LOLCat, Grumpy Cat, Longcat, Nyan Cat, before all the famed kitties of the internet age, before the modern computer was but a glint in Mother Turing’s eye, there were the felines featured in the 1911 book, Kittens and Cats: A First Reader.
The book is a fantastical collection of eerily dressed feline, along with captions on each portrait. In the pages, we meet “Queen Cat”, “Party Cat”, Hero Cat”, Dunce Cat”, and more, taken by animal photographer Harry Whittier Frees. What’s interesting is how Frees managed to photograph the cats in such poses, since cameras of then didn’t have quick shutter speeds.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Snowlandia – World’s Largest Snow Labyrinth Opens In Poland
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Sensual Female Portraits By The Russian Painter Andrei Markin
- No, This Is Not Skyrim, This Is Czech Prachov Rocks In Bohemian Paradise
- “Nightshift”: An Illuminated Glimpse Into Shanghai’s Late Night Shops And Stalls
- “Motherland”: Photos Of Unfeigned Russia By Simon Roberts
- This Artist Creates Stunning Products Made Out Of Bicycle Air Chambers
- Breathtaking Drone Imagery Tops Dronestagram’s Annual Photo Awards