Before LOLCat, There Were The Felines Featured In “Kittens And Cats: A First Reader”
Before LOLCat, Grumpy Cat, Longcat, Nyan Cat, before all the famed kitties of the internet age, before the modern computer was but a glint in Mother Turing’s eye, there were the felines featured in the 1911 book, Kittens and Cats: A First Reader.
The book is a fantastical collection of eerily dressed feline, along with captions on each portrait. In the pages, we meet “Queen Cat”, “Party Cat”, Hero Cat”, Dunce Cat”, and more, taken by animal photographer Harry Whittier Frees. What’s interesting is how Frees managed to photograph the cats in such poses, since cameras of then didn’t have quick shutter speeds.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- These 3-D Portraits Were Created Using Only A Person’s DNA
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- Urban Explorer Visits Abandoned Japanese Love Motel Of Naughty Attractions
- Siberian Farm Cats Are Waiting For Spring To Come In Marvelous Photos By Alla Lebedeva
- 40-Foot Studebaker President: The World’s Biggest Passenger Car
- Emergency Workers From Around The Globe Take Part In The ‘Tetris Challenge’!
- Summer Beach Knife Oil Paintings By Alena Shymchonak
- Breathtaking Wildlife Macro Photography In The Borneo Rainforest By Chien C. Lee
- This Bizarre Japanese Temple Looks Like A Fallen Intergalactic Starship
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival