Before LOLCat, There Were The Felines Featured In “Kittens And Cats: A First Reader”
Before LOLCat, Grumpy Cat, Longcat, Nyan Cat, before all the famed kitties of the internet age, before the modern computer was but a glint in Mother Turing’s eye, there were the felines featured in the 1911 book, Kittens and Cats: A First Reader.
The book is a fantastical collection of eerily dressed feline, along with captions on each portrait. In the pages, we meet “Queen Cat”, “Party Cat”, Hero Cat”, Dunce Cat”, and more, taken by animal photographer Harry Whittier Frees. What’s interesting is how Frees managed to photograph the cats in such poses, since cameras of then didn’t have quick shutter speeds.
- “Designed By Nature”: Russian Fisherman Posts Terrifying Creatures Of The Deep Sea Again, And People Want Him To Stop
- Goofy Photos Of World War I Soldiers Posing With Fake Military Props
- Real Fire Truck Converted In Authentic And Cozy Log Cabin
- This Artist Is Here To “Confuse Your Brain” With Surreal Photo Art
- Vibrant Life Of 1970s Harlem As Photographed By Jack Garofalo
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of The British Wildlife Photography Awards 2018
- When Your Cat Meows, And You Meow Back…
- Exploration Photographer Has Traveled Thousands Of Miles To Document The Eerie Beauty Of Abandoned Industrial Locations
- The Magnificent Cosplay Photography Of Paul Hillier
- Pastry Artist Bakes More ‘Pie Art’ With New Intricate And Artistic Design