Sculptor Alessandro Gallo Gives Animal Heads To People And The Result Is Freakishly Real
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which,” George Orwell wrote in his thought-provoking, classic piece of literature, Animal Farm.
When it comes to qualities of character, we often compare ourselves as well as other people with animals. Stubborn as a mule, greedy as a pig, we say. Alessandro Gallo is an Italian artist who compares humans not only to pigs but also donkeys, chickens, rabbits, and lizards and manages to find a connection between the two different forms of life.
In his latest solo exhibition ‘Strange Encounters’, the artist navigates through the complex array of human emotions all while portraying them as half-human, half-animal humanoids. They all have something in common – they seek togetherness which is more elusive than ever before.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Trench Crusade: The Epic Bizarre Creatures of Mike Franchina
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s
- Schlörwagen: The Bizarre German Car from 1939 that Was Super-Aerodynamic but Very Impractical
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Cosmo Draws Emotional Acid Portraits in Anime Style
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- Of Robots and Humans: Superb Fan Art Illustrations of MinemikoMali
- Artist Places People From Classical Paintings Into Modern Reality And They Fit Just Right