Sculptor Alessandro Gallo Gives Animal Heads To People And The Result Is Freakishly Real
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which,” George Orwell wrote in his thought-provoking, classic piece of literature, Animal Farm.
When it comes to qualities of character, we often compare ourselves as well as other people with animals. Stubborn as a mule, greedy as a pig, we say. Alessandro Gallo is an Italian artist who compares humans not only to pigs but also donkeys, chickens, rabbits, and lizards and manages to find a connection between the two different forms of life.
In his latest solo exhibition ‘Strange Encounters’, the artist navigates through the complex array of human emotions all while portraying them as half-human, half-animal humanoids. They all have something in common – they seek togetherness which is more elusive than ever before.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives